This homemade lasagna recipe is my Mom’s recipe so you know it’s delicious! Plus, it’s quick and easy with an amazing flavor. If you need a lasagna recipe this is it. The Best Lasagna Recipe is full of ground beef, onion, spices, cottage cheese and Mozzarella cheese! It’s been passed through our family and is still our go-to recipe. It will become that weathered, tattered recipe card that your family will smile when they see.
As you all know I returned to work in March after an amazing three month maternity leave with Miss RyRy. It was hard and bittersweet to go back to work after being home with my girls that long. It’s not that I mind my job, in fact I really enjoy it for the most part.
Grocery List for Best Lasagna Recipe
- Ground beef
- Yellow onion
- Dried parsley
- Garlic salt
- Tomato sauce
- Lasagna noodles
- Cottage cheese
- Eggs beaten
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
My mom understands this and gets what I hate about having a job. As I whined to her about all this she listened to me and sympathized. She had been there done it and she knew it was no fun. As the first day of work loomed in the future my Mom told me that she was going to treat me to dinner that night. I could pick any recipe and she would make it and have it in my fridge after work so all I had to do was put it in the oven.
She knew, like all mothers, that the only thing I would want to do was cuddle my girls and not have to stress about supper after the first day of work. Have I mentioned how much I love my Mom? I know you guys are all jealous of me because she’s pretty much the best!
How long do you cook a lasagna at 350 degrees?
You’ll bake this Homemade Lasagna just 45 minutes!
Why do you let lasagna sit?
This casserole has quite a bit of cheese and liquid. Allowing to rest 15 minutes or so will firm it up and square will be easy to slice and serve! Better yet? Lasagna that’s made the day before is even better! So if you can, make it ahead of time!
How to make lasagna
- Grease a 9×13 inch pan, preheat the oven.
- Combine hamburger, garlic, 1 Tbsp parsley flakes, garlic salt, oregano, tomato sauce in a large pan and simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine cottage cheese, eggs, salt, parsley and Parmesan.
- When the meat mixture is done simmering spread 1/2 c. of mixture on the bottom of the pan.
- Layer on the noodles.
- Top with half of meat mixture and cottage cheese mixture then half of Mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layer except leave off the Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until the sauce is bubbly and cheese browned.
Best Lasagna Recipe Easy!
Bon Appetit’s Out of the Kitchen series is focusing on personal touches and this to me is the perfect example. My Mom went above and beyond to add a personal touch to my life with my favorite Lasagna recipe.
Trust me when we hear Mom is making lasagna all the kids come rushing home if we can! Do you blame us? This lasagna is the best. Hands down. This is just one example of my Mom adding personal touches to people’s lives with her cooking and baking.
She’s also known for her famous brownies that even my niece and nephew’s friends will show up at her house for! They are pretty famous!
BEST Lasagna Recipe? You bet here are more to love!
Want to meet purveyors who are making a difference with their customers? Check out BonAppetit.com’s “Out of the Kitchen”, an ongoing exploration of the relationships that build and sustain the food industry. See how hyper-local food markets operate and how their focus on quality and service keep customers coming back for more.
Isn’t homemade lasagna just about the best meal ever? Knowing that it’s made with love by my Mom just makes it that much more delicious! This Lasagna Recipe Simple meal is just the BEST! How do you add a personal touch to people’s life by baking and cooking?
The BEST Homemade Lasagna Recipe
- 2 lbs lean ground beef browned
- 1 yellow onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp dried parsley flakes divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 4 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 6 lasagna noodles boiled
- 22 oz cottage cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large frying pan combine hamburger, onion, garlic, 1 Tbsp parsley flakes, garlic salt, oregano, tomato sauce and simmer 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine cottage cheese, eggs, salt, 2 Tbsp parsley flakes and Parmesan cheese.
- When the meat mixture is done simmering spread 1/2 c. of mixture on the bottom of prepared pan. Place three noodles side by side on top of meat mixture so they don't overlap. Top with half of meat mixture, half of cottage cheese mixture then half of Mozzarella cheese. Repeat layer except leave off the Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.