No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
Delicious No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake that is light, fluffy and loaded with fresh strawberries in a homemade graham cracker crust. This easy no bake cheesecake is the perfect summer dessert.
Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, but sometimes I really don’t feel like going through the process of baking one. You’ve got to get the springform pan out, set things up for a water bath, bake a crust, bake the cheesecake, the list goes on.
When I have a hankering for homemade cheesecake and want to make it quickly, I reach for a no bake cheesecake recipe!
This no bake strawberry cheesecake is super simple and absolutely delicious. The flavors of strawberries and cheesecake just pair so perfectly together. This strawberry cheesecake ice cream is one of my favorite summer treats, just like this cheesecake!
I can’t wait for you to try out this yummy recipe!
Why You’ll Love this Easy No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- It only takes a total of 20 minutes to prep this recipe! The rest of the work is done by your refrigerator.
- Cheesecake is a great treat to bring to parties and potlucks. This recipe will be a hit with any crowd!
- This is a really easy recipe to follow, perfect for beginner bakers!
Ingredients for No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Full-fat cream cheese – I do not recommend using low-fat cream cheese. Splurge for the extra calories and go for full-fat cream cheese for best results!
- Sour cream – This is the secret ingredient to making a perfectly creamy and tangy homemade no bake cheesecake.
- Strawberries – Use fresh strawberries for best results! You can also fully thaw frozen strawberries and use those.
- Confectioners sugar – Using confectioners sugar helps sweeten the cream cheese mixture while keeping it smooth and creamy.
- Pure vanilla extract – A touch of vanilla extract will compliment the flavor of the strawberries.
- Heavy cream – Heavy cream adds a little extra moisture to the cheesecake mixture and helps make it extra creamy.
- Cornstarch – Cornstarch acts as a thickening agent and helps provide structure to the cheesecake.
- Crushed graham cracker crumbs – Sometimes you can find pre-crushed graham cracker crumbs at the grocery store. But, you can also easily make your own!
- Butter – You can use unsalted or salted butter, either will work.
- Brown sugar – Brown sugar is the best way to perfectly sweeten a homemade graham cracker crust.
How to Make Easy No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
Preheat the oven to 350 degres Fahrenheit, and then begin making the graham cracker crust.
In a mixing bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar with a fork until thoroughly combined.
Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie dish, about 1 ½ inches up the sides. Be sure the bottom crust is spread out evenly.
Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then remove it from the oven and let it cool.
Place the strawberries into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Then, strain the puree through a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds.
In a small bowl, whisk together the strawberry puree, powdered sugar, and cornstarch until smooth. Place the mixture into a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until it becomes really thick, then set it aside to cool slightly.
In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sour cream with a hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth. Add the whipping cream and vanilla extract and beat until smooth and fluffy.
Then, add the cooled strawberry mixture and beat on medium-high speed until smooth.
Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust and smooth it out evenly. Place the cheesecake into the refrigerator for 6-8 hours, or overnight.
Once it is thoroughly chilled and set, garnish with whipped cream and chopped strawberries. Then it is ready to serve!
How to Store No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
You can store an entire cheesecake, or just store the leftovers…if there are any!
FRIDGE: Cover the cheesecake in plastic wrap, or place the leftover servings in an airtight container. Store the homemade no bake cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
FREEZER: If you are storing a whole cheesecake, wrap it very well in plastic wrap before freezing it. If you’ve got a few servings left, wrap each slice in plastic wrap individually. Freeze like this for up to 3 months. Allow to fully thaw before serving!
Is no-bake cheesecake as good as baked cheesecake?
I don’t think I would qualify one as better than the other, they’re both delicious! The main difference in these two methods is the texture of the cheesecake. If you’re picky on texture, you may prefer one over the other. But, if you have no preference, you’ll love this no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe!
Why Is My No Bake Cheesecake not Firm?
Typically, the culprit of a mushy no bake cheesecake is refrigeration time. Be sure you’ve let the cheesecake set in the fridge for at least 6-8 hours. If it is still not firm, leave it for a few more hours.
- If you need to make things go a little faster, you can use a store-bought graham cracker crust!
- Make homemade whipped cream to top each slice of this tasty homemade cheesecake.
- Don’t skip straining the strawberry puree. There’s nothing more frustrating than a yummy cheesecake that is full of tiny seeds!
This refreshing and creamy treat is so yum! Enjoy!
More Strawberry Recipes You’ll Love
- Did you know that you can make Chocolate Covered Strawberries right at home? The perfect special date night treat!
- Everyone needs an Easy Strawberry Cake recipe and this one is my favorite!
- This Banana Split Trifle is an elegant and delicious dessert.
- Make some Strawberry Lemonade Margaritas for a fun boozy drink!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust***
- 1 ½ cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 8 Tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 pound strawberries rinsed & hulled
- ¾ cup cold heavy cream
- 2 packages 8 ounces each full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Whipped Cream
- Additional Strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and brown sugar with a fork until well combined.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom and 1 ½ inches up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Place the graham cracker crust in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- While the crust is cooling, wash and chop strawberries. Then puree in a blender or food process until smooth. Strain strawberries through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- In a small bowl whisk together strawberry puree, powdered sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Place in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until very thick. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese and sour cream with an electric mixer on high speed until smooth.
- Add heavy whipping cream and pure vanilla to the bowl and beat until smooth and fluffy. Add strawberry sauce and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread strawberry cheesecake filling into prepared crust and refrigerate at least 6-8 hours or overnight until thoroughly chilled and set.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chopped strawberries as desired.
Leave a Comment