No-Churn Mint Chip Cookies and Cream Ice Cream ~ Mint Chip combines with Cookies and Cream in the easiest, creamiest ice cream ever! No ice cream maker is needed for this no-churn ice cream; it’s assembled in minutes!
Here’s the thing, I love homemade ice cream, but, I don’t love using my ice cream maker. It’s incredibly loud, half of the ice cream freezes solid along the sides, and when I’m ready to make ice cream the freezer bowl is never actually in the freezer and ready for me (← totally my fault, but still).
You can imagine my excitement when a couple summers ago I learned of the magic that is no-churn ice cream. Ice cream that can be made without an ice cream maker and still gives you a thick and creamy ice cream every single time!
Basic no-churn ice cream involves 2 ingredients: whipped heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. That’s it! With this base we can create an endless number of flavors. I’ve made Coffee Toffee Fudge Ice Cream, Apple Pie Ice Cream, Blackberry Swirl Ice Cream, and now… drumroll, please)… MINT CHIP COOKIES AND CREAM ICE CREAM!
I took Mint Chip Ice Cream and Cookies and Cream Ice Cream and I combined them into a super delicious, chocolaty, minty, creamy, crunchy delight. Top it with homemade Hot Fudge Sauce for an extra special treat. It’s heavenly.
You only need a handful of ingredients for this recipe: whipped heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, crushed cookies, and chocolate chips. I opted to skip the green food coloring that you usually see in mint chip ice cream and I garnished each bowl with a sprig of fresh mint instead. Feel free to skip the fresh mint and/or add a drop of green food coloring if you really want that traditional green color.
I hope your summer is filled with lots of Mint Chip Cookies and Cream Ice Cream! Enjoy, friends!
No-Churn Mint Chip Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies I used Oreos
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and peppermint extract. Fold half of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture, then fold in the other half. Stir in most of the crushed cookies and chocolate chips (reserving some for the top of the ice cream, optional). Pour the ice cream into a loaf pan and sprinkle the reserved cookies and chocolate chips on top. Cover and freeze until set, at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
Connect with Allison Here!
More from Celebrating Sweets: