Bacon Chipotle Mac & Cheese ~ Only One Pot, 6 Ingredients and Ready in 25 Minutes!!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Hi there! I’m Ashley from The Recipe Rebel and I’m super excited to be sharing this incredible recipe here on Julie’s Eats and Treats.
I am a high school teacher and mother to a beautiful two-year-old girl with baby #2 coming mid-December. If that wasn’t crazy enough, it’s my husband’s busy season now, which means that he’s gone 14 hours of the day (or sometimes more!) and quite often I feel like a single-working-blogging-pregnant mother.
It’s a little intense.
And so we need dishes like this one, that are only 6 ingredients — SIX — and they all cook in the same pot in less than 25 minutes.
My girl loves her noodles (“nay-os”). She asks if we’re having noodles at pretty much every meal. So I know that if I put something like this on the table, dinner time is going to go a lot more smoothly. And sometimes, after teaching teenagers all day, that’s not a battle I want to pick.
I like using whole wheat or enriched white pasta for extra protein and fiber, but you can always use regular white macaroni. We aren’t big on really spicy food around here, so the chipotle doesn’t make it crazy hot. I added 3/4 tsp and it added a nice smoky heat to it. If you aren’t sure, start with less and then add in more. If you like things really spicy, add even more. It’s such an easy recipe to customize!
One-Pot Bacon Chipotle Mac & Cheese
A quick, easy, one-pot meal that's perfect for busy nights!
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 cups of macaroni
- 5 cups of milk (I use 1%)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp pureed chipotle peppers in adobo (you can always freeze whatever you don't use!)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chop bacon and fry in a large pot over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain fat from pot, but leave bacon in. (Optional: if you want the bacon crispy on top, take it out and add it back on when the pasta's done cooking. I did half and half, left half in for flavour, took half out)
- To the same pot add macaroni, milk, and salt. Bring to a simmer (watching carefully -- you don't want to scorch your milk) over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until pasta is al dente, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in your desired amount of chipotle and cheese.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 741kcal Calories from fat 303|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 34g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||85%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Connect with Ashley from The Recipe Rebel here!