Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
One-Pot Bacon Chipotle Mac & Cheese
A quick, easy, one-pot meal that's perfect for busy nights!
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 cups of macaroni
- 5 cups of milk (I use 1%)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp pureed chipotle peppers in adobo (you can always freeze whatever you don't use!)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chop bacon and fry in a large pot over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain fat from pot, but leave bacon in. (Optional: if you want the bacon crispy on top, take it out and add it back on when the pasta's done cooking. I did half and half, left half in for flavour, took half out)
- To the same pot add macaroni, milk, and salt. Bring to a simmer (watching carefully -- you don't want to scorch your milk) over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until pasta is al dente, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in your desired amount of chipotle and cheese.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 741kcal Calories from fat 303|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 34g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 17g||85%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
did you make this recipe?
Tag @gimmesomegrilling on Instagram and hashtag it #julieseatsandtreats
Connect with Ashley from The Recipe Rebel here!