Overnight Banana Caramel French Toast ~ Easy, overnight french toast stuffed with caramel and bananas!
I love breakfast. I hate slaving in a kitchen over it for hours before I can enjoy it. Plus I’m hungry when I wake up. I ain’t got time for that peeps!
That’s why I love any breakfast I can prep the night before and just pop it into the oven in the morning while I enjoy a big old mug of coffee. Any one else with me on this one?
Speaking of breakfast, Miss K, loves her toast in the morning. In fact she loves it so much she woke up at 3 am last week and demanded toast. Yes. I hate to tell you that I’m not kidding. My daughter does not wake up during the night. Literally she’s been sleeping the whole night since three months. For this I’m eternally grateful because this Momma needs her sleep, so when she woke up at 3 am whimpering and crying I knew something must be up. I may have ignored it for a while and when it didn’t quit I sent Dad in.
For the record I was battling the flu the day before so I wasn’t feeling so hot!
He said he went in to check on her, she popped her head up and said, “Toast? Toast?” Knowing she wasn’t going back to bed until she was fed he went and made her toast, she literally inhaled it and back to bed she went. Although if she would have had it her way she would have loved to have played. Dad was having none of that business. I don’t blame him.
My own Dad had a few chuckles over this situation when I was relaying the events. You see, I may have done the same thing when I was her age except I just wanted to play. I did this for a few nights then Dad had enough of me waking in the middle of the night. Back to bed I went, a few, or a lot of tears were shed but I got the message and my late night soirees were done with. Tough love huh? Looks like we are falling in the same steps!
So if you are raving mad in the mornings this is the perfect treat! Pop it into the oven and you will have a filling breakfast. Or if you wake up at 3 am starving I’m all for making it at that time too!
Another delicious overnight casserole you’ll love is Overnight French Toast – this meal is super tasty too!
Overnight Banana Caramel French Toast
- 1 loaf sourdough bread tore into pieces
- 8 eggs
- 2 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 bananas sliced
- 3/4 c. caramel ice cream topping
- 2 c. Golden Butter Yellow cake mix
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 c. All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 c. Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 c. butter
- Spray a 9x13" glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Layer 1/2 of bread in baking dish. Top with bananas and caramel. Then top with the rest of the bread.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, heaving whipping cream, cake mix, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Pour mixture over bread.
- Cover baking dish and store in the fridge overnight or for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the topping in a small bowl add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt, stir until combined. Cut in butter to mixture.
- Remove french toast casserole from fridge, uncover and drop topping by the spoonful randomly across french toast casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour until the center is set and edges are browned.
- Serve with syrup if desired.
Looking for more French Toast?