This Pasta Carbonara is a classic ‘bacon’ spaghetti dish. Packed full of cheese which makes the sauce thick & creamy, it’s absolutely delicious.
This Pasta Carbonara is quick, easy & everyone in the family goes nuts for it. It’s absolutely, 100% over the top delicious. When the weather starts warming up I really start focusing on quick & easy recipes that get me in & out of the kitchen in record time. I love to be out working in the garden or catching up about my day with the hubs on the porch. So I’m all about the Easy Family Dinner Ideas. This recipe definitely fits that description.
This recipe we like to have on Monday or Tuesday nights. Since we like to bake our bacon in the oven instead of pan fry it – I usually will prepare some on Sunday when I have a little more time. Then I keep it in the fridge to use for whatever recipe idea we decide on for dinner early in the week. Since it’s already prepared – it makes it come together even faster. While the hubs minds the noodles & I usually make the sauce. It all wraps up around the same time – which means dinner is on the table in less than 20 minutes. Now that’s not bad.
The other night we had this as a side to our steak. It was a great choice with some garlic toast too. I love recipes like this that can be versatile as a main or side dish depending on the situation. Makes life less complicated. When it gets nice & warm we whip this up quick & then take it outside on the patio to enjoy the lovely weather while we eat.
What’s your “go-to” dinner on busy week nights?
- 8 oz spaghetti - uncooked
- 1 pkg bacon - cooked
- 1-1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt pepper, granulated garlic & mined onions to taste
- Grape tomatoes & parsley for garnish
- Start with preparing your bacon as you normally would- either bake or pan fry to crisp
- Allow to cool slightly & then rough chop or crumble into large skillet
- In a large pot bring water to boiling & cook spaghetti to package directions (usually around 11 minutes)
- Add garlic & seasonings to skillet with bacon & heat over low about 2 minutes - stirring frequently
- In a medium bowl combine milk & cornstarch - whisk
- Add milk mixture to skillet with bacon & cook on medium until thickened
- Add Parmesan & cook until melted
- Add cooked pasta to skillet & toss to coat
- Season with salt & pepper & garnish with tomatoes & parsley before serving
Things You Might Need for This Recipe!
Connect with Gina here!
Looking for more Easy Family Dinner Ideas??
Thank you for spending your day with me today! I love getting to know you better!