Patriotic Puff Corn ~ Light, Salty Puff Corn Drizzled in Sweet Vanilla Candy Coating! Melt in Your Mouth Deliciousness!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Do you have big plans for the 4th of July this year?
Are you a family that has a certain set of traditions that you do every year to celebrate the 4th?
When I was growing up we always went to my Mom’s small hometown that had a “big” celebration and we hit up the parade and the fireworks. It was the highlight and we did it year and year again. When I was little and my grandparents were still alive we would all meet up there then head the parade and then end up back at the grandparents house. I remember when my little brother HATED the sirens and refused to go to parade and my great aunt got stuck staying with him! Ahhh the memories.
As I got older the parade and fireworks stayed the same but after the parade a bunch of my friends would meet up and tube down the river in front of my parents house. That also makes me smile when I look back on those memories!
Now I’m getting older and my traditions are changing again. We have a cabin and make a point of usually coming up here for the weekend, but this year we will be staying home and celebrating in our old “traditional” way by going to the parade that I grew up going too! I hope that I’m creating those fond memories for Miss K like I have growing up.
This year we will also be celebrating a relatives wedding and a little get away for the family! I hear the pool is pretty kid friendly at the hotel and I’m hoping Miss K overcomes her fear of the water. Maybe her crazy cousins will get her in there!
No matter if you do the traditional 4th of July activities or do something totally your own this recipe is a must make for whatever you are doing! Puff Corn is covered in sweet Candiquik and colored in your favorite patriotic colors. As far as I’m concerned any celebration needs a snack and this will impress everyone!
*Warning* The food coloring may color your tongue and lips, but it entertains kids… or it entertained my child!
This is the food coloring I used – Make sure you get oil based!
- 1 (16 oz) package Vanilla Candiquik
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 (7 oz) bag puff corn
- Red Oil Based Food Coloring
- Blue Oil Based Food Coloring
- 1.75 oz Red, White & Blue Sprinkles
- Divide Candiquik into three bowls. Divide Puff Corn into three separate bowls.
- Melt one bowl of Candiquik according to package directions. Pour it over one of the bowls of Puff Corn and mix until well coated. Spread on wax paper and sprinkle with the sprinkles.
- Melt another bowl of Candiquik and add Red Oil Based Food coloring and mix until combined. Pour over another bowl of Puff Corn. Spread on wax paper and sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Melt the last bowl of Candiquik and add Blue Oil Based Food coloring and mix until combined. Pour over another bowl of Puff Corn. Spread on wax paper and sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Let Puff Corn cool until Candiquik is set. Break Puff Corn apart and store in air tight container.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 110kcal Calories from fat 20|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Looking for Patriotic dishes?
Red White & Blue Salad ~ Festive treat for all of your Red, White & Blue Festivities!
Patriotic Swirl Sugar Cookie Bars ~ Festive Red & White Swirled Sugar Cookie bars topped with blue cream cheese frosting!
Patriotic Poke Cake ~ Perfect for all of your Red, White & Blue Festivities!