Peaches n Cream Bars ~ Flaky Crescent Rolls Layered with Cream Cheese, Peaches and a Crumb Topping!
Summertime is here and I’m one incredibly happy girl! The cool mornings, followed by hot summer afternoons, followed by Julie feeling depressed because she sits in a windowless office. Wait that wasn’t party of my magical story….
We are going to “summer hours” at work this summer which means an extra 1/2 hour tacked onto the morning and an extra 1/2 hour tacked onto the afternoon. I have mixed feelings about these hours. First I have to get up earlier. Not my cup of tea. Second of all 9 hours seems long in my brain, but I’m swayed by the fact that we get done at noon on Friday. More lake time, more time to run errands and soak up the rays. So overall I’m hoping this a good thing!
Do you have “summer hours”? What’s your thoughts on them?
Along with summertime comes all kinds of summer treats. I adore all the fresh fruit and veggies this time of year. Strawberries, Watermelon, Peaches…. or maybe more the fruit than the veggies it looks like!
We did just plan our garden last night or I should really say I planted the garden last night. Miss K was begging me to push her on the swing, the dog was running through the garden and the hubs was no where to be found. At least he got it tilled I guess! Seems about par for the course right? I have to say I enjoy the garden produce more than him because he’d rather have a cookie. I adore the fresh tomatoes and green beans. He could pass.
Although we ran into trouble when I went to plant my beans this year. I guess there are pole beans and the other type which I usually plant. I don’t even know what they are called. That’s how big of a gardener I am. Well I picked the pole beans not knowing it so the beans still need to get planted although I heard the pole beans produce more. I just worry that I won’t get trained to climb and it will be a hot mess. Like my garden usually is. My goal this year is to make salsa!
As you saw I love the peaches at the end of summer that come by the crate. Unfortunately sometimes you don’t have wonderful fresh peaches and you are still craving peach treats. That’s when these amazing Peaches ‘n’ Cream Bars come to play. Flaky Crescent Rolls topped with a cream cheese mixture and piled with peaches and crumbs. Sounds delicious doesn’t it? You’ll be fighting each other for the last one!
Peaches ‘n’ Cream Bars
- 1 8 oz tube seamless Pillsbury crescent roll dough
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 21 oz can peach pie filling
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. brown sugar packed
- 3 Tbsp cold butter
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x13 in. baking pan. Unroll crescent dough sheet and press into bottom of baking dish and slightly up the sides. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and extract in a large bowl until smooth. Spread over crescent crust. Spread pie filling over cream cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and brown sugar together. Cut butter in until it forms small crumbs. Add almonds and stir. Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until edges of crust are golden brown. Cool in pan and cut into bars. Stir in fridge in airtight container.
Recipe from: Taste of Home
Looking for more sweet bars?
Lemon Crumb Bars ~ yummy lemon bars that are sweet and salty!
Cherry Pie Bars ~ Soft, flake crust flavored with Almond and stuffed with Cherry Pie Filling! Easier than pie but just as yummy!
Lemon Pie Bars – Rich, delicious almond flavored crust with a creamy, dreamy lemon layer between the crust!