Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats – An easy, no-bake recipe for creamy oats flavored with peanut butter, bananas and maple syrup. The perfect make-ahead recipe for busy mornings.
Can we talk about how difficult it is to make beige food look pretty? I apologize in advance that this recipe is far from beautiful, but what it lacks in beauty it makes up for in flavor. Give me PB and banana everything! These Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats are so easy and the perfect grab and go breakfast for busy mornings. Plus, they are full of nutrition and will fill you up and keep you full all morning! A few simple ingredients and you have breakfast for the week!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats!
- Chia seeds
- Pure maple syrup or honey
- Peanut butter
- Old fashioned rolled oats
My brain is already slowly transitioning from summer to back to school mode. Here in Arizona school starts at the end of July (crazy, right?!). When you start to see make-ahead breakfasts and lunch box ideas on my blog you know I’m thinking about back to school. This year our youngest starts preschool, which means a couple mornings each week both of my kids will be at school. I’m not really sure how I feel about that. Happy? Relieved? Sad? Nostalgic? Yes, yes, yes and yes. I can’t believe we’re here already. It is so incredibly true that the days are long and the years are short.
Anyway, enough blubbering from this emotional mama, let’s talk overnight oats! Our family loves oats and I make some type of “oatmeal” every week: Baked Oatmeal, Oatmeal Cups or Overnight Oats. The thing that’s great about this recipe is that there is no cooking involved. You just mix up the ingredients, let them sit in the fridge overnight, and breakfast is served. You can choose to heat your oats in the microwave right before serving (my preference), or you can eat them cold.
I absolutely love that these oats feature the combo of peanut butter and bananas; the flavors are so comforting and hearty. I usually add extra peanut butter to the oats right before serving because I love to see those thick swirls of peanut butter. It’s like they’re calling to me, “Grab a spoon, let’s get this day started.”
You don’t need anything special to make these Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats, but here are a few things you might find helpful!
Tools to make Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats!
- Mason Jars
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- 2 cups milk I use unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 - 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter plus more for serving
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 bananas sliced
- In a large bowl combine milk, chia seeds, syrup and 2 tablespoons peanut butter. Stir in oats. Cover and refrigerate (or transfer to individual bowls/glasses/jars). Refrigerate overnight, until the oats are tender and the mixture is creamy.
- For serving: Swirl in a little extra peanut butter (optional), then top the oats with sliced bananas. You can also add an extra drizzle of syrup or honey.
An easy, no-bake recipe for creamy oats flavored with peanut butter, bananas and maple syrup. The perfect make-ahead recipe for busy mornings.
Connect with Allison Here!
More from Celebrating Sweets: