Peanut Butter & Chocolate Reese’s Cookie Bars ~ Soft, chewy peanut butter & chocolate sugar cookie bar loaded with Reese’s Cups and drizzled with Chocolate and Peanut Butter!
A few weeks ago I had an amazing opportunity to go and visit the lovely people of Pillsbury! You may have noticed me posting excessive pictures on Instagram of my experience. I was in love from first sight. Well, actually first email.
The Lovely Bloggers I got to meet!
Photo Courtesy of Tonia @ The Gunny Sack
I’m not going to lie. When I got my invite to go visit the peeps at Pillsbury I may have done a “Happy Dance”! You see Pillsbury has a special place in my heart. It’s a “local” company a few hours from my hometown and it was a pretty cool honor!
My day at Pillsbury and General Mills started off in the photography studios. We got to hang out with a food stylist for a few hours. Man, oh man, does she has some tricks up her sleeves! She taught me how to cut my bars “correctly” to get the most picture perfect bars, she taught me how to perfectly cut a muffin, and how to “revive” a dried out pork chop. I know, I know the things that excite me! We also got a tour of the “prop” room. Wow, now that is a food bloggers paradise. Rows and rows and rows of plates, bowls, napkins, backdrops and everything in between. In every color, shape and size you could ever imagine. I think they had a few laughs over us going crazy! From there we moved on to hanging out with the photographers. Now what I wouldn’t give for that amazing camera, lens and tripod that they have! I’ll just have to keep saving my “dough” for that! They also taught me some cool uses of reflectors to make those picture of mine even more “yum-tastic”! After a wonderful lunch I got to go hang out in the Betty Crocker Test Kitchens…I’m going to tell more about that….later! I will let you in on a little secret though…. These amazing Peanut Butter & Chocolate Reese’s Cookie Bars were born in that test kitchen. They are pretty much to-die for. Soft, chewy cookie bars that remind me of a blondie, stuffed with mini Reese’s cups and then drizzled with chocolate and peanut butter. Drooling yet? I am. So I might just go shove my face in the leftover bars…don’t mind me.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Reese’s Cookie Bars
- 1 (16.5 oz) tube of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 (16.5 oz) tube of Pillsbury Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- 1/8 c. unsweeted cocoa powder
- 1 c. mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/4 c. chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. peanut butter chips
- 2 tsp canola oil
- In the bottom of a 9x13 inch cake pan either greased with non-stick cooking spray or lined with tin foil spread the peanut butter cookie dough.
- In a large mixing bowl add sugar cookie dough and cocoa powder. Mix until combined. Drop by spoonfuls on top of the peanut butter dough in pan. Top with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups pressing into dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges are browned. The middle will not be set. Take out of the oven and let cool. Cookie bars with continue to bake as they cool.
- When bars are cool. Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between times until they are melted. Mix with 1 tsp canola oil and drizzle on bars. Repeat with peanut butter chips.
|Serving Size||1 Bar|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 380kcal Calories from fat 178|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 20g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Grab a few more Bars!
Disclosure: The amazing people of Pillsbury paid for my travel and accommodations to the General Mills Headquarters, all opinions in this post, as always, are 100% my own.