Say hello to your new quick and easy dinner obsession! These Pizza Pinwheels are made with refrigerated pizza crust, pizza sauce and cheese. They make the best super easy, family friendly lunch or dinner plus a great appetizer when having friends over or watching the game!
With just 3 ingredients you’ll have these easy pizza pinwheels ready to serve in less than 30 minutes! Dip them in warm pizza sauce or ranch dip for a fun dinner or snack.
Why You’ll Love Pizza Pinwheels!
The next time your family gets a craving for pizza, you need to try these pizza pinwheels. For us, that craving happens at least once a week!
- They’re so easy with just three ingredients and they’re ready in the time it would take for pizza delivery. Plus, you can customize them with different fillings.
- Make them for dinner or make them as a party appetizer! I’m showing you a few different ways to make them for any occasion. You will love how versatile they are.
- I keep the ingredients on hand so I can make a batch for a last minute meal or snack – you will too, once you you see how easy they are to make.
Ingredients for Pizza Pinwheels Recipe
- Refrigerated pizza dough – You can also use homemade pizza dough and roll it out to a 15×10″ rectangle.
- Pizza sauce – Or use marinara sauce. Just be sure the sauce isn’t too thin because it will make the pinwheels soggy.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – Other kinds of cheese will work, too! Shredded provolone, shredded cheddar cheese, or try a combo of different kinds.
Can you add other pizza toppings?
Yes, you can add other toppings! Make pepperoni pizza pinwheels with mini pepperoni. Or add other favorite meat toppings or vegetables. Just keep in mind that any raw meat (like sausage, ground beef, bacon, etc.) will need to be cooked first.
Also, don’t add too many toppings because this will make it harder to roll up the dough and the pinwheels might not stay together.
How to Make Pizza Pinwheels
- Unroll the dough on a cutting board.
- Spread some pizza sauce over the top of the dough and then sprinkle the cheese over the sauce.
- Starting at one long side, roll the dough up into itself like a jelly roll. Slice the roll into 12 pieces.
- Place the pinwheels on the prepared baking sheet and bake them until golden brown.
- Warm up the rest of the pizza sauce and serve it on the side for dipping.
Side Dish Ideas!
Making them for dinner? Pair them with these side dishes to make it a complete meal!
- Make a batch of Air Fryer French Fries or Tater Tots!
- Make a simple green salad or try my Antipasto Salad.
- Or pair them with a simple veggie like Air Fried Broccoli or Roasted Cauliflower.
Can you make these for kids’ lunch boxes?
These pizza pinwheels are great for lunchboxes we call them pizza swirls and the kids think its great! They work best in a bento-style lunch box so you can keep the pinwheels and the pizza dipping sauce separate.
How do you make pizza pinwheel bites?
If you want to make appetizer-size pinwheels for a party, here are some tips:
- When you roll out the pizza dough, cut in half lengthwise. That way you can make two small logs.
- Add the sauce and cheese to both pieces of dough and roll each up starting at a long side.
- Slice them into even pieces.
- Bake them for 14 to 17 minutes at 425°F.
Doing it this way will make pizza pinwheels that are half the size – perfect for a bite-sized snack for parties!
Storage Tips for Pizza Pinwheels
Store leftover pizza pinwheels in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep well for three to four days.
Your family will love these pizza pinwheels! You’ll love how easy they are to make, so add the ingredients to your shopping list – you’ll want to try them soon!
More Super Easy Pizza Recipes
- French Bread Pizza is another easy way to get a pizza fix!
- Have some pizza rolls in the freezer? Learn how to cook Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer so they’re crispy and delicious!
- Pizza Sliders are yummy mini sandwiches that are great for dinner or parties.
- Or try my Pizza Dip – it’s everything you love about pizza but turned into a warm and cheesy dip.
- 1 tube pizza dough (13.8 ounces)
- 1 cup pizza sauce divided
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- Unroll the pizza dough. You may want to sprinkle flour on the surface before rolling out pizza dough to prevent sticking.
- Spread half the pizza sauce onto the dough and sprinkle the cheese over the sauce.
- Roll the dough lengthwise (long way) into a log and slice it into 12 equal pieces.
- Place the pinwheels onto the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown.
- Warm the remaining sauce to dip your pinwheels in, and enjoy.