Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Pumpkin Breakfast Quinoa with Maple Whipped Ricotta
For the whipped ricotta:
- 1/4 Cup Reduced-fat Ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp Reduced-fat Cream cheese
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Truvia or granulated sweetener of choice
For the quinoa:
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 8 Whole Cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup Uncooked quinoa
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
- 3/4 Cup Canned pure pumpkin not pie filling!
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 Cup Unsweetened almond milk sweetened to taste with Truvia
- Pecans for garnish *
- To make the whipped ricotta:
- In a small food processor, combine all ricotta ingredients and blend until smooth and well combined. Transfer to a small bowl and place in the refrigerator to set for at least to hours.
- For the quinoa:
- Soak the quinoa in a large pot of water, rubbing the grains together with your fingers until the water appears cloudy. Strain the quinoa and set aside.
- Combine the 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon sticks, cloves and a pinch of salt in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the quinoa, cover and turn the heat to low. Boil until most of the milk is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, stir in the pumpkin pie spice, canned pumpkin and maple syrup.
- Divide the mixture between bowls and pour the Truvia-sweetened almond milk over top. Then, dollop on the whipped ricotta.
- Sprinkle with fresh cinnamon and garnish with pecans,
Goat Cheese and Quinoa Crusted Chicken – Quick, easy, healthy and gluten free! Goat cheese and red peppers complete this weeknight-friendly meal.
Quinoa Salad with Cherries, Pistachios and Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette – Sweet, crunchy and has a little bit tangy! It’s super healthy, gluten free and makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner!