A classic fall dessert is this easy-to-make Pumpkin Bundt Cake that is so moist and full of flavor from warm fall spices. It’s topped with a homemade cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Enjoy a slice today or serve it for your holiday parties!
Soft, tender, and full of pumpkin and fall flavors this pumpkin cake will be the star of your fall table! This cake is perfect for holiday dinners or any occasion that needs a little touch of fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
Bundt cakes are great when you need to serve a dessert for a crowd. I love to make chocolate bundts and lemon bundt cake but when the leaves start to change and it’s cooler, I am all about the pumpkin bundt!
You Will Love This Recipe!
- This cake is easy to make and is so moist with a tender crumb.
- I love to top it with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting for an extra special touch!
- I love a slice with a cup of coffee in the afternoon, but it’s also a great dessert idea for Thanksgiving!
- Melted salted butter – or you can use unsalted and add a few pinches of salt.
- White Sugar
- Large eggs – Leave them out at room temperature before using them. It makes it easier to mix the batter.
- Canned pumpkin puree – Make sure you don’t grab the pumpkin pie filling.
- Sour cream
- Whole milk
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Spices – A delicious blend of ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground, nutmeg and ground ginger gives this bundt cake that delicious fall flavor.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Tip: You can replace the cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger with 3 1/4 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
How to Make a Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Prepare the bundt pan by either coating it with butter or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine the butter and sugar in a large bowl (or in a stand mixer). Once combined, add the eggs and mix until smooth.
Add the sour cream, vanilla, milk, and pumpkin and mix at high speed until smooth.
With the mixer running, slowly add the flour, all of the spices, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until you have a smooth batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake the cake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before turning the cake out of the pan and frosting it.
How to Make the Frosting
While the cake is cooling, you can make the cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Cream cheese – It will need to be room temperature so be sure to take it out of the refrigerator ahead of time so it can soften.
- Whole milk
- Powdered sugar
- Ground cinnamon
In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese, milk, sugar, and cinnamon until smooth.
Transfer the frosting to a piping bag or a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off. I like to pipe the frosting in free-form lines that cross over each other, but feel free to create your own design!
Make-Ahead Tip: You can make the pumpkin bundt cake a day in advance, let it cool, and then keep it wrapped. Add the frosting the next day before serving.
Freezing Tip: You can also freeze the cake for up to two months. Tightly wrap it, freeze it, and then let it thaw at room temperature. Frost it before serving.
Leftovers Tip: Have leftover cake? It will keep at room temperature for a couple of days as long as it’s tightly wrapped. Or keep it in the refrigerator and it will keep for a few days longer.
Don’t let the fall season sneak by without making this amazing pumpkin bundt cake! It will get everyone in the fall spirit – they will love it!
More Easy Pumpkin Desserts
- No Thanksgiving is complete with a homemade Pumpkin Pie!
- Pumpkin Dessert Bars are a great fall dessert when you need to serve a crowd!
- Short on time? Try my easy Pumpkin Dump Cake!
- Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookies are the perfect treat for the fall season!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!! Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day!
If you snap a photo, please be sure to tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your beautiful bundt cakes!!
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 14 oz pumpkin puree (1 can)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground gloves
- ¾ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit and prepare your Bundt pan by wiping it down with butter, or by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, combine your melted butter and sugar. On medium speed, whisk the ingredients together until they are homogenous.
- Add all of the eggs and mix again on medium speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla, milk, and pumpkin puree to the mixture and whisk on high speed until the mixture is smooth and the pumpkin puree is fully incorporated into your mixture.
- Slowly add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, baking soda, and baking powder while constantly stirring the ingredients together until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour your batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Allow the Bundt cake to cool for 10 minutes before frosting.
- Assemble the frosting by whipping together the cream cheese, whole milk, powdered sugar, and ground cinnamon until the ingredients are homogenous and no clumps remain. Place the frosting in a pipping bag or a Ziploc bag with the corner cut off and frost your cake in whatever pattern you would like. Serve and enjoy!