Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins ~ Light, Fluffy Muffins Perfect for Snacking or Breakfast! Loaded with Pumpkin Flavor and Tart Dried Cranberries!
Are you pumpkin obsessed already?
I swear every year that I’m going to wait until October to get into pumpkin and every year by mid August, I’m ordering pumpkin spice lattes and have 57 pumpkin candles hidden in the back of my closet.
It’s a problem. I’ll try harder next year. Maybe.
I have already made these Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins several times this month. I love them, my boys love them, they are definitely going to become a regular in our breakfast rotation this fall and winter.
I just feel like muffins are the best breakfast for a school morning. I mean, you can make them the night before and the kids can grab them themselves as you’re hurrying to get lunches made and maybe get out of your pajamas before you drive them to school.
Plus, pumpkin’s healthy! Cranberries are healthy! And this recipe only calls for 2 tablespoons of oil which is pretty good for a muffin recipe.
They are also really simple to make and they turn out fluffy and delicious. And pumpkin and dried cranberries just go so well together. It’s one of my favorite combinations this time of year. I feel like most pumpkin muffins these days come with a sweet cream cheese in the center and the kind of tart cranberries are really a nice change.
The recipe makes 12 muffins which is perfect for one breakfast at my house. Seriously though, how do 3 boys under the age of 10 go through a dozen muffins in one meal? How?!
Anyway, double the recipe if you need to feed a crowd. Or double the recipe and throw some in the freezer for a day when you just don’t feel like cooking. That is exactly what I’m doing next time I make them!
Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and pumpkin puree until combined. Beat in buttermilk, vanilla, and egg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the dried cranberries.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.