Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie ~ A big soft Pumpkin Snickerdoodle cookie baked in a skillet. Filled with pumpkin, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice, you’ll love the warm and comforting flavors in this easy fall dessert!
Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin! I’m super excited, friends. FALL is here! OK, it’s not technically fall yet, but, the time of year when it is acceptable to put pumpkin in everything is upon us. Hooray! A few of my favorite pumpkin recipes from the past years are Pumpkin Angel Food Cake, Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies, and Easy Pumpkin Dump Dessert!
My first pumpkin recipe this season was this giant Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie! And let me tell you, this was a fabulous way to welcome my favorite season. I took a basic snickerdoodle recipe and I swapped the cinnamon for pumpkin pie spice, and added a bit of pumpkin puree.
There is warm, fall, pumpkin-y flavor in every bite! And, because I am celebrating the end of bathing suit season, I went ahead and added ice cream and caramel sauce to this Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie. Go big or go home, right? 😉
Snickerdoodles are usually made by scooping and rolling dough balls in cinnamon sugar prior to baking. This skillet cookie recipe skips the scooping, rolling and dipping steps. We just press the dough into a pan and generously sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar. Quick and easy. And you know what that means? Less time between this big ‘ol skillet cookie and your mouth.
You can choose to serve this cookie by cutting it into slices, or you can pile it with ice cream, hand out spoons and dig right into the skillet.
What’s on your fall baking list? I am ready for all things pumpkin. My Pumpkin French Toast Casserole and Healthy Pumpkin Bread are next on my list. I can hardly wait! I’ll just pretend like it’s not still 105° degrees outside… my kitchen smells like fall, and my taste buds are ready for fall, so I’m doing it!
I bet you even have most the ingredients on hand! And, if you haven’t yet, stock up on pumpkin because we have some delicious pumpkin recipes coming your way this fall!
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie Ingredients
- All Purpose Flour
- Cream of Tartar
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice or Cinnamon
- Unsalted Butter
- Pumpkin Puree
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Ice cream and/or caramel sauce, for topping
Celebrate the end of the bathing suite season with me and dig into this big Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie with me!
A big soft Pumpkin Snickerdoodle cookie baked in a skillet. Filled with pumpkin, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice, you'll love the warm and comforting flavors in this easy fall dessert!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Ice cream and/or caramel sauce for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch skillet (I used cast iron).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and pie spice. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter, pumpkin puree and both sugars until creamy and combined (a minute or two). Add eggs and vanilla, and beat to combine. Slowly add the dry ingredients, beating until they're just combined. Scoop the batter into the prepared skillet, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and pie spice (for the topping). Sprinkle evenly over the top of the dough. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the center is set. Serve warm with ice cream and caramel sauce.
Connect with Allison Here!
More from Celebrating Sweets: