Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe ~ Soft, Delicious Pumpkin Cookies Rolled in Cinnamon Sugar! The perfect fall treat!
Guess how I found this recipe? Pinterest of course! The hubby is coming home for the weekend and I said I should make some food for him. He was all giddy and declared I should make cookies, and bars, and banana bread! Well, I got the cookies done. If his luck is with him I might tackle the other two throughout the weekend, but we’ve got a busy one coming up so we will see!
When he asked for his treats I of course went to my pinterest boards to see what I could round up. I knew I wanted something with a fall twist on it as it got incredibly cold last night (like literally freezing cold) and it felt like fall was here with an edge of winter. Apples looked like a great ingredient and I realized I didn’t have any at home. Pumpkin sounded good and I knew that was in my pantry (aka coat closet hubby turned into a make shift pantry we do with what we have!).
This recipe comes from Recipe Girl and she doesn’t lead me wrong so I figured I was safe making these cookies. She’s also one of my blog “idols”. She’s made this her very own business and does all sorts of cool things like writing recipes for different companies, develops her very own recipes, guest speaks at blog camps just to name a few things. Plus her son has his own blog called Recipe Boy. He begged to get it for his birthday. Now how cool is that? She seems like a lovely lady and has amazing recipes so if you haven’t checked out her website I highly recommend you go do it now and her sons for that matter!
These cookies are awesome. The pumpkin isn’t overpowering and there’s a hint of cinnamon coated on the outside. Plus they are soft which is a must in my book with any cookie. I’ll admit I was hesitant when I saw the list of spices in the rolling sugar but I had faith in Recipe Girl and went for it anyways. I always thought I didn’t like Snickerdoodles but I must because I love these cookies and I love the Gooey Snickerdoodle Bars. It must have been one of those weird kid phobias. So if you are looking for a fall treat to try out I highly recommend these lovely cookies. Enjoy!
- 1 c. salted butter at room temperature
- 1 c. granulated white sugar
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 3/4 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c. granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Using an electric mix cream butter in a large bowl until fluffy. Add sugars and pumpkin puree and beat well. Add egg and vanilla to mixture and mix until fully incorporated, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon in a medium sized mixing bowl. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients mixing as you go until is just incorporated.
- Cover bowl with dough in it with plastic wrap and chill at least one hour.
- After the dough has chilled, preheat over to 350 degrees. In a small bowl mix cinnamon sugar ingredients together. Prepare baking sheets by lining with parchment paper or spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll cooking into balls (about 1 1/2 Tbsp of dough). Coat with cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Baked for 12-14 minutes or until they are slightly firm to the touch. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
Post Updated: 10/4/15
Recipe Slightly Adapted From: Recipe Girl
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!
Craving More Pumpkin Cookies?
Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Cookies ~ Soft, Chewy Pumpkin Cookies Topped with Light and Fluffy Cinnamon Frosting!
Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookies ~ Soft, Chewy Pumpkin Cookies Stuffed Full of Cinnamon and White Chocolate Chips!