I have two exciting things for you today! First off is this amazing Red Velvet Cheesecake Bundt Cake which I adapted from Dorothy over Crazy for Crust.
Never heard of Dorothy? Well then I HIGHLY recommend you fix that and go visit her blog Crazy for Crust for all kinds of amazing treats. Trust me. You won’t regret this decision even though your waist line might. She’s a gem.
I saw this recipe a while back and “pinned” it of course. When it was my co-workers birthday, whom adores Red Velvet, I knew it was the recipe to go with. We weren’t disappointed and it disappeared quickly. It has this amazing swirl of cheesecake through it and then it’s topped with cream cheese frosting. I adore cheesecake and cream cheese so really…how could I not love this cake? Oh by the way if you don’t follow me on Pinterest you really should get on that bandwagon.
The second exciting thing I have for you today is this – I’M GIVING AWAY A KITCHENAID MIXER! Hello for awesomeness. A few of my fellow bloggers and I teamed up to give this beauty away and you can eve PICK your own color. The amazingness of this is ridiculous isn’t it.
So go enter NOW. And then you can use that fancy new KitchenAid Mixer to whip up this yummy Red Velvet Cheesecake Bundt Cake like I did! Because you want to be cool like me. Duh!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Bundt Cake
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix plus ingredients to make cake
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 c. sour cream room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 4 Tbsp butter room temperature
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tsp heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray bundt cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix cake mix according to package directions. Pour into bundt pan.
- Using a stand mixer beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Beat in egg, sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Evenly pour the cheesecake mixture into your bundt pan on top of the cake mix. Use a butter knife to swirl the mixture into the cake mix. Just a little, not to much swirling.
- Bake according to package directions for a bundt cake. Test it with a toothpick. If it comes out clean it's done. Cool completely and remove from pan. THIS IS IMPORTANT!
- To make the frosting mix the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add powder sugar in, one cup at a time, and mix well after each addition. Add vanilla mix well. Add heavy cream one tsp at a time until the frosting is the consistency you desire. Spread over cake.
- Store in fridge.
Recipe from: Crazy for Crus