Red Velvet Cheesecake Mousse ~ Light & Fluffy Red Velvet and Cheesecake Layered Mousse and Topped with Graham Cracker Crust!
*I was compensated by Truvia® to create this recipe & post. All opinions expressed are completely my own.
Valentine’s Day is drawing near so I’m going to ask the question, Love or Hate the big day? I’m pretty sure there as many people, if not more, that hate the day more than love it. It’s a bit of a commercialized holiday isn’t it? The concept is great, but then we get all this pressure around us to go over the top and make it all about the gift. Now days I like Valentine’s Day, but that wasn’t always the case in my life.
Back in high school I hated it. I never had a boyfriend and all these other girls would get flowers and balloons and I’d feel like such a loser because I’d never get anything. As much as I adore my mother, she was never up on that whole send a flower to Julie to help ease the pain thing. I think I may have finally enlightened her she needed to do this! Hopefully I remember this when my girls get older. Then we moved onto the real deal after high school and I still seemed to get left in the dark on the big day. I do remember having a boyfriend that went over the top and sent a dozen roses because he wasn’t a great boyfriend but he was all for making it look like he was!
Today I’m happily married and there isn’t much pressure. The hubs comes through with flowers every year. Now that I say that I suppose he won’t this year! I’m kind of over the whole I got flowers and you didn’t era. I can’t wait to spoil my girls on Valentine’s Day every year and do something a bit special for them. I’m think heart pancakes for breakfast this year for Miss K along with a little gift. Something fun and easy! That’s usually what they remember right? It’s all about making memories.
Now if you are looking for a way to spoil your Valentine I have the treat to do it with! This Red Velvet Cheesecake Mousse is the perfect ending to your romantic Valentine’s Day meal. It’s light and fluffy with that perfect graham cracker crust crumbs to finish it off. I pretty much could have sat down with the entire batch, grabbed a spoon and demolished it, but my pants probably wouldn’t have thanked me. Luckily for you, I grabbed my Truvia® Sweetener and made it a little bit lighter for you. Best part about it is you’ll never know by the flavor! Did you know that Truvia is the #1 selling zero-calorie sweetner in the U.S.? After using it this recipe I can totally tell why. It’s because you’d never even know you used it!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Mousse
Red Velvet Mousse
- 4 oz semisweet baking chocolate coarsely chopped
- 2 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp red food coloring
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp Truvia
- 1 8 oz package 1/3 fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. heavy whipping cream whipped
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp Truvia
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Put chocolate in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring until chocolate is smooth. Add 1/4 c. cream and red food coloring. Stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl beat remaining whipping cream and Truvia with electric mixer until peaks form. Gently stir in half of chocolate mixture with a spatula until mixed. Slowly stir in remaining chocolate until mixed.
- For the cheesecake mousse beat cream cheese,confectioners' sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Fold whipped cream into mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl combine graham crackers crumbs, Truvia and butter. Press into baking sheet 1/4 in. thick and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until turning golden brown.
- Divide between 6 parfait cups starting with Red Velvet Mousse then Cheesecake Mousse and repeating. Crumble graham crackers crust on top.
- Refrigerate any leftovers. If preparing ahead of time store mousse in fridge and garnish with graham cracker crust right before servings. This can also be layered in a glass bowl.
Things You Might Need For This Recipe!
Looking for More Red Velvet?
Red Velvet Cake Trifle ~ Red Velvet Cake Loaded with Toasted Coconut, Chocolate Chips and a Light and Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting!
“Baked” Toasted Coconut Red Velvet Donuts ~ Easy donuts made with a Red Velvet Cake Mix and topped with Cream Cheese Frosting and Toasted Coconut!
Red Velvet Cupcakes ~ Perfect Red Velvet Cupcakes topped with an amazing cream cheese frosting!