Red Velvet Cupcakes ~ Perfect Red Velvet Cupcakes topped with an amazing cream cheese frosting!
It’s holiday time and my pants are already feeling a little bit tighter! Anyone else know this feeling a little to well? Perfect. Well actually I’m sorry to hear that, but I’m glad someone can commiserate with me.
I have a little secret to share with you today. It’s called Truvia® natural sweetener. Have you ever heard of it? These delicious, to-die for Red Velvet Cupcakes were made with it! Truvia® natural sweetener is a zero-calorie sweetner and replaces the sugar in recipes.
A little doubtful? That’s ok. So was I. I’m not going to lie to you, but I was incredibly impressed with Truvia® natural sweetener. These cupcakes were moist and delicious and I would have never knew that I used Truvia® natural sweetener instead of sugar except well I know. In fact I brought them to work and I didn’t tell a soul my little secret. Then everyone started raving about them and I had to let them in on my little secret! They just look dumbfounded and asking all about this amazing product called Truvia® and how they could use it in their baking for the holidays!
If you are looking to make your sweet treats just as sweet this holiday season without using sugar then Truvia® natural sweetener is perfect for you! You can lighten up those treat I know you are dying to make and no one will know the difference. Trust me on this. I tried it myself!Guess what! You could win an awesome #HealthierHolidays Baking Kit too by simply going to their Facebook page and entering to win!
Truvia® natural sweetener is a great tasting, zero-calorie sweetener made with the best tasting part of the stevia leaf. One packet provides the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sugar, and is great in coffee, tea, or even your morning grapefruit. The sweetener is available in 40-, 80- and 140-count boxes, and in a spoonable jar. Truvia® Baking Blend blends Truvia® natural sweetener and sugar to provide a sugar-like taste and texture for recipes, with 75% fewer calories than sugar. For more info, check out Truvia.com/recipes or our Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube channels.
Compensation was provided by Cargill® via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Cargill®.
- 3 1/2 c. cake flour
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c. canola oil
- 1 c. applesauce
- 1 1/8 c. Truvía® Baking Blend
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 c. red food coloring*
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 16 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 c. Truvía® Baking Blend
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp milk optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Combine oil, applesauce and Truvía® Baking Blend in a separate large mixing bowl. Blend in eggs. Carefully add red food coloring and vanilla while mixing at low speed.
- Combine the buttermilk and vinegar. Then add half of the flour mixture and half of the buttermilk mixture to the oil mixture at a time and mix just until combined.
- Fill paper-lined or greased cups 3?4 full with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
- For the frosting mix cream cheese and Truvía® Baking Blend at low speed for 1 minute. Add the vanilla and mix for another minute at low to medium speed or until creamy and smooth. Add 1 teaspoon of milk, if desired, for thinner spreading consistency.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes.