I just LOVE this time of year when all the Red, White & Blue posts are coming out of the woodwork like this Red, White & Blue Jello Salad. It makes me so proud to be an American. Corny kind of right?
Well that’s how I roll. A bit corny.
Maybe I just really like themed food. It makes it easier for me to decided each week what to try and make for you guys! I figured this one would be a hit because I know when I saw this pretty salad I got all excited. Yes. Food does that to me.
This salad is a bit of time consuming thing. Don’t worry it’s not hard by any means. It just takes a little bit of time and patience. I promise you when you walk into your 4th of July party with this beauty and the ooo’s and ahhh’s come out it will be totally worth it. Just plan a few days ahead of time so it has enough to set.
Plus it’s totally yummy! There are blueberries and strawberries hidden right inside this gem!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Red, White & Blue Jello Salad
- 2 - 3 oz packages of blue jello
- 4 c. boiling water, divided
- 4 1/2 c. cold water, divided
- 1 c. fresh blueberries
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 c. milk
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 - 3 oz packages of strawberry jello
- 1 c. fresh strawberries, chopped
- 8 oz cool whip, room temperature
- In a bowl dissolve strawberry jello in 2 c. boiling water. Then stir in 2 c. of cold water. Add strawberries. Refrigerate until firm, which is about 2-3 hours. Make sure it is firm before next layer.
- Put 1/2 c. cold water in saucepan. Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over water. Let stand for 1 minute. Add milk and sugar, cook and stir over medium heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved. Cool this mixture to room temperature then whisk in vanilla and sour cream. Pour over strawberry jello and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Dissolve blue jello and 2 c. of boiling water in a medium bowl. Stir in 2 c. cold water and add blueberries. Spoon this mixture over white layer in trifle bowl. Chill until set about 4 hours.
- Top with Cool Whip, blueberries and strawberries.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 237kcal Calories from fat 113|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Recipe from: Craftaholics Anonymous
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More | Kitchen Meets Girl
Looking for more Red, White & Blue?