Red Pepper Chicken Alfredo Bake ~ Pasta Smothered in Light Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, Chicken & Cheese!
I’m sure you all think that meal times are always exciting at our house. You envision me cooking up something new and flavorful every single time I serve a meal don’t you? I’m sorry to disappoint you but that does not happen. In fact I’m just like you. I get stuck in a rut and make the same thing over and over again. It gets boring and monotonous. I wish I was that exciting!
I’ve started pinning other bloggers recipes to try on a secret Pinterest board because I’m tired of being in a rut. It’s so much fun to try out their recipes because it gets my mind going again and soon I’m thinking up of exciting new flavor combos! Plus this really pays off for you to because you get exciting new recipes!
When Sargento asked me to participate in their “Chopped at Home” promotion I jumped at the chance. What better way to get me out of a rut then to be giving a few simple ingredients and asked to make a dish out of them? The ingredients I was assigned were boneless skinless chicken breast, red pepper, Greek yogurt and Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian. There were so many things I could do with this but I decided on making a delicious pasta dish out of the ingredients. I love that they included Greek yogurt so I could lighten this dish up. There is no heavy cream in this Alfredo dish which is awesome! The chicken is smothered in a delicious homemade roasted red pepper Alfredo and topped with Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian then baked. It’s absolutely amazing!
Is your mind coming up with all kinds of different recipes you could make with these ingredients? If it is then I have wonderful news for you! Sargento is hosting a “Chopped at Home” contest and they want to see how you take on the Chopped challenge with Sargento cheese! So get creative and come up with your best Chopped-inspired dish featuring these ingredients for you chance to win $10,000. I bet that got your attention! You can visit the contest webpage and check out all the details!
- 2 whole red peppers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c. greek yogurt
- 1 c. milk
- 1 lb medium shell pasta
- 2 c. Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian divided
- Green Onion for topping
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place red peppers on baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes or until peppers are charred. Remove from heat and cover with tin foil. Let rest 10 minutes. Uncover peppers, pepper off skin, remove seeds and dice.
- Meanwhile prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Saute chicken, onion, garlic and olive oil in a oven proof skillet 7-9 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- In a sauce pan whisk together broth and flour over medium heat. Slowly whisk milk in and then add yogurt continuing to whisk. Once mixture is smooth mix in salt, pepper and 1 c. cheese. Stir until melted. Add diced red peppers and puree with immersion blender or food processor. I left a few chunks of red pepper but you can make it completely smooth if you'd like.
- In skillet mix together chicken, sauce and noodles. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Broil on high 3-5 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Things You May Need to Make This Recipe!
Craving More Pasta?
Shrimp & Asparagus Pasta ~ Perfect Summertime Pasta Dish Loaded with Cherry Tomatoes, Asparagus, Pasta and Parmesan Cheese!
Skillet Spaghetti ~ Quick, easy homemade spaghetti! Only uses one skillet!
Garlic Shrimp Tortellini Toss ~ Amazing Meal Ready on the table in 20 Minutes! Loaded with Peas, Cheese Tortellini & Shrimp!
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.