Roasted Red Pepper & Pepperoni Flatbread – Topped with a roasted garlic cream sauce, roasted red peppers, pepperoni, sliced roma tomatoes, mozzarella, Parmesan, and cottage cheese!
I always love coming to visit over here with all the other great food!! Since we are in the dead heat of summer right now, I thought I’d bring you guys an easy supper idea.
This Roasted Red Pepper & Pepperoni Flatbread would make a perfect appetizer or dinner for sitting out on the back porch waiting for the sun to go down. We are enjoying our last month of summer vacation starting this week. We go back to school in mid-August. It’s always kind of bittersweet. I’m excited for the kids, and I know they are starting to get ready. We do have quite a few more items to accomplish on our summer bucket list however. I’m thinking maybe I should have made a shorter one! But my major goal over this next month is to enjoy the last lazy days of summer before that brutal school schedule begins. It’s the afternoons with the homework and activities that get me. There aren’t as many opportunities for sitting on the back porch in the evenings and enjoying dinners like this one once school begins.
This flatbread is packed with flavor. It’s got all my favorites, and it’s inspired by my favorite Pepperoni & Cheese Stuffed Bread.
I’m a sucker for anything with roasted garlic and roasted red peppers! The flavors are such a great combo! It’s a really an easy meal to prepare. You can use any pizza dough you have on hand or your favorite recipe. I usually have pizza dough in my freezer for just this kind of recipe.
Finish it off with some dollops of cottage cheese and you are good to go. I love cottage cheese, but you could definitely use ricotta if that is your favorite. Hope you enjoy!
Roasted Red Pepper & Pepperoni Flatbread
- 1 pizza dough
- flour for dusting
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus 1 tsp
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 Roma tomato sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 tsp cottage cheese
- 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut top off garlic. Do not peel. Place on a square sheet of foil. Drizzle garlic with 1 tbsp olive oil. Wrap up in foil. Place on a pan and bake for 45 minutes to roast garlic. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Sprinkle work surface with a little flour. Roll pizza dough in flour. Using hands work dough into a 12 in. circle. Place on pizza stone or round pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While dough is baking, make sour cream sauce: Open garlic and press cloves to squeeze out roasted garlic into a small bowl. Add sour cream. Add 1 tsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp oregano. Stir to combine.
- Remove crust from oven. Spread sour cream sauce onto crust.
- Top with pepperoni, roasted red peppers, and sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Add a 5 to 6 dollops of cottage cheese.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Let cool slightly and cut to serve.
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!
Looking for other recipes you might enjoy?
Connect with Jaren: