Rolo Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies Recipe ~ Soft Chewy Peanut Butter Blossoms with a Rolo in the Middle! Quick, Easy Christmas Cookie Perfect for the Holidays!
Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Well look its another Sunday and I’m posting again. This must mean I have lots and lots of time on Sunday! Well I do, well more than any other day usually. Another end to the weekend. Maybe I’m depressed and find comfort in blog postings so this is why I always post on Sundays. Who knows. I once again had this Saturday off and found lots to do around the house.
We successfully got the basement stairwell painted so that was a welcome accomplishment. The basement is finally starting to look like a basement. The family room is almost done and it will be onto the bathroom. The bathroom scares me. We are going to attempt to tile the shower and floor. Sometimes there are things that you should hire professionals for. This might be one of them I fear. Just because Jason is a carpenter sometimes he thinks he should be able to do everything. I may have shared this with you once or twice before. Luckily for me he usually comes out on the winning side so lets hope once again this is the case or I might be asking for you to come help us!
The recipe I am going to share with you is Jason and Hallie Jo’s favorite. My niece absolutely LOVES these cookies. I first made them at Christmas time under Jason’s begging. It’s the typical Peanut Butter Blossom cookie but instead of a star or a kiss they are topped with a Rolo. Hallie takes them by the handfuls. She literally begs for me to make them. The best part is she’s not really a sweet lover so they must be delicious! Enjoy!
- 1/2 c. Crisco Butter Shortening
- 1/2 c. Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sugar, for rolling
- 48 frozen Rolo’s unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff and dough forms.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown and tops start to crack.Top each cookie immediately with an unwrapped Rolo, pressing down firmly so that cookie cracks around the edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cool.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 74kcal Calories from fat 40|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Things You Might Need for this Recipe!
More Easy Christmas Treats!
Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies ~ Our FAVORITE treats for the holidays! Easy Christmas Cookies!
Gingerdoodles ~ Delicious Cookies that are the Perfect Marriage Between a Snickerdoodle and a Gingersnap!
Sweet Cherry Cookies ~ Soft, chewy and super simple cookies that will disappear in seconds!