With only 3 ingredients these Rolo Pretzels are so easy to make. They are a delicious sweet and salty treat and they make a great addition to Christmas cookie platters. They only take a few minutes to make and are a favorite!
If you’re looking for easy ideas for cookie platters this year, you have to try these Rolo pretzels. You only need three ingredients and they’re super easy to make. Rolo pretzels and Christmas Crack are two of the easiest holiday recipes and are both so yum!
I make these every year with the kids – it’s a fun holiday tradition that we love to do. I love it because it’s a fun Christmas candy to make and easy enough for my little helpers. Plus, you can’t beat the salty-sweet combo!
You Will Love This Easy Candy Recipe!
- Pretzels, Rolos, and M&Ms – that’s all you need!
- The prep time is so quick – the total time is about 15 minutes!
- They keep well making them perfect for holiday gifting and dessert platters.
- This recipe makes 36 pretzel candies but you can easily double or triple the batch. Don’t forget to save some for you!
They might be simple, but the combination of chocolate, caramel, and crunchy pretzels is so good! Definitely add this one to your holiday baking list this year.
3 Simple Ingredients
- Pretzels – I like to use the square-shaped ones for this recipe.
- Unwrapped Rolo candies – the hardest part is unwrapping them. This is a perfect job for the kiddos!
- M&M’s – buy a bag of green and red ones to make them festive!
How To Make Rolo Pretzel Bites
The instructions are so simple, you’ll have a batch made in no time!
Place pretzels in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
Place one Rolo on top of each pretzel.
Bake them in a preheated oven for three minutes at 250°F or just until the Rolos soften.
Take the sheet out of the oven and, while the candy is warm, press one m&m on top of each one.
Leave them out at room temperature to set. Once set, store them in an airtight container.
We love the M&M version, but there are quite a few variations you can try. Sometimes I make a mix of pretzel bites or make them all the same.
M&M Ideas: There are so many different kinds of M&Ms now! You can change the colors or try different flavors like white chocolate, the ones with nuts, or peanut butter.
Nuts: Or, switch the M&Ms for nuts. You can make Rolo pretzel turtles by replacing the M&Ms with pecan halves. Or try almonds or walnuts.
Sprinkles: Skip the extra candy topping and just decorate the softened Rolo with colorful sprinkles.
Other Holiday Ideas: They aren’t just for Christmas – change the color of the candy and you can make these all year for Halloween, Easter, and Thanksgiving!
Storage Tips: They will keep well at room temperature for up to a week or you can keep them in the fridge for a few days longer. Just keep them in an airtight bag or container.
They’re also freezer-friendly! Freeze them on the cookie sheet and then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag and store it in a container. Plan to enjoy them within a month or two.
These Rolo pretzels will be the hit of the holidays! They’re such a fun treat to make with the family and the perfect salty-sweet candy. I hope you give them a try this year!
More Christmas Candy Recipes
- Make a batch of Peanut Butter Cups for the holiday season!
- Candied Cranberries are a sweet and tart candy that you can enjoy as is or use to garnish drinks and cocktails.
- Homemade Caramels are soft and chewy and a great addition to candy platters!
- Old-fashioned Chocolate Covered Cherries are always a hit!
- Peanut Butter Pretzels dipped in melted chocolate are another fun and easy holiday treat.
- 36 square pretzels
- 36 Rolo candies
- 36 M&M’s I used red and green for the holidays
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with a sheet of parchment paper or nonstick baking mat.
- Then lay the pretzels out, in a single layer, on the prepared sheet pan.
- Place one Rolo on top of each pretzel.
- Bake for 3 minutes until the Rolo candies have just started to soften.
- Remove the oven and press one M&M into the top of each Rolo.
- Let sit until firm.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to one week.