Salted Caramel Apples ~ Delicious Homemade Caramel Apples with a Sprinkle of Salt!
Certain seasons bring back memories and make you think of your favorite things. Winter means Christmas and all the treats that go along with the holiday season. Spring brings to mind Easter and Carrot Cake for me. When it comes to summer it’s all about grilling and salads. Of course, we can’t forget fall. Fall brings back memories of picking apples growing up at my parents. We had three huge apple trees that provided a ton of apples. We would make everything from apple pie, apple crisp, apple bars and the ever-popular, caramel apples.
There is nothing better than caramel apples on a crisp fall day. Biting into the crunchy apple smothered in sweet caramel.
Sure, they might not be the easiest treat to eat, but isn’t half the fun getting caramel on the tip of your nose while you dive into the caramel apple? It brings back memories of being a kid—carefree and not a moment of concern if you might get a little caramel on your nose.
I watch Miss K now and I’m always reminded of the simple things in life. Oh, how her eyes lit up when she saw me making caramel apples or the expression on her face while she told her Dad about the caramel apples! It reminds you to take a moment and enjoy the small things in life like getting caramel on the tip of your nose.
Of course I couldn’t just leave these yummy caramel apples alone. I had to jazz them up with a little sea salt. Wow. Now that takes them over the top. I’m all about sweet and salty and the sweetness from the caramel and apple combined with the sea salt makes my mouth water just sitting here. You have to try it. Now.
To add a little fun to the caramel apples I melted vanilla baking chips and decorated them for Halloween. Cute, delicious and fun. You can’t beat that in a treat!
*I am a Become a Better Baker Blog Ambassador. This post was sponsored by ACH Foods through their partnership with One2One Network. All opinions are 100% my own.
Salted Caramel Apples
- 6 medium apples
- 6 wooden sticks
- 1 package 14 ounces caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/8 c. sea salt
- 1/2 c. vanilla baking chips
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper; set aside. Wash and dry apples; insert stick into stem end.
- Microwave caramels and corn syrup on HIGH (100%) in a small, deep microwave-safe bowl for 2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring twice during cooking time.
- Dip apples in hot caramel mixture turning to coat well. Allow caramel to drip from apples for a few seconds, then scrape excess caramel from bottoms of apples. Sprinkle sea salt on apples, pressing it into the caramel if necessary. Place dipped apples in prepared pan.
- Melt vanilla baking chips in microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every thirty seconds. Stir in vegetable oil. Place in small plastic bag and seal. Cut the very tip of bag off and pipe apples.
- Store apples in refrigerator.
Craving more Apple Treats?
Apple Struesel Bread ~ Quick and Easy Bread Loaded with Apples and Cinnamon!
Apple Brickle Dip ~ Amazing, Sweet Dip Loaded with Toffee to Accompany Your Apples!
Upside Down Caramel Apple Rolls ~ Quick, Delicious Rolls Oozing with Caramel, Apples and Frosting!