Salted Nut Roll Bar
Make your own homemade Salted Nut Roll Bars! This copy cat candy bar dessert recipe starts with a cake batter bottom, then is topped with gooey marshmallows, peanuts and a peanut butter mixture for a delicious dessert recipe. They are soft, chewy and buttery and oh so good. Dare I say they are even better than the popular candy bar?
Salted nut roll bars are a family-favorite and this recipe is really special because it was handed down to me from my aunt. It’s so good – even better than nut roll candy bars!
I have made them so many times I can do it with my eyes shut now! I love dessert bars like pizza bars and banana nut bars, and this recipe today is the best copycat nut roll candy bar recipe – it’s beloved in my family and you will love it, too!
Why This Recipe Works
- This bar recipe combines Rice Krispies with marshmallows, peanut butter chips, and peanuts. It has all kinds of great textures going on!
- What makes this recipe so great is the crust made with cake mix. It’s soft and pairs perfectly with the chewy, gooey nut roll part of the bars.
- This is a really easy recipe! You assemble it in layers, so it all comes out with the best soft and chewy texture.
- These are the best nut bars – they are salty, sweet, chewy, and soft, all wrapped up in one amazing dessert bar!
Make these nut roll bars for potlucks, parties, holidays… or any time! You don’t need an excuse, so make a batch this weekend. I promise they’ll be a hit – especially with people who love a salted nut roll candy bar!
Grocery List for Salted Nut Roll Bars
- Yellow cake mix
- Miniature marshmallows
- Peanut butter chips
- Corn syrup
- Rice Krispies
How Do You Make Salted Nut Roll Bars?
Combine the cake mix, egg and softened butter in a mixing bowl.
Press the batter into a greased 9×13″ pan. Bake the crust for 10 to 12 minutes at 350°F.
Put the marshmallows on top of the hot crust and bake for 3 minutes or until they are puffed up.
Melt the peanut butter chips, corn syrup, and butter. You can do this on the stove in a saucepan or in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl. Once melted, add the vanilla and mix well.
Next, add in the peanuts and Rice Krispies. Mix well and then pour the mixture over the marshmallows.
Refrigerate the bars until cooled but still soft enough to slice. Keep them stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
This recipe is sort of like making Rice Krispie treats – it’s good to have everything measured and ready to go. That way, things like the marshmallows and melted peanut butter chips don’t start setting up on you while you’re trying to assemble everything. So prep and measure before you start.
For the marshmallows – keep an eye on them while they’re in the oven. You don’t want to totally melt them or have them turn golden. You’re basically warming them up enough so they puff up. Once they do take them out of the oven.
If you melt the peanut butter chips in the microwave, I recommend warming them in 30-second increments and stirring between each.
When you chill the bars be sure to to take them them out of the fridge while they’re still a little soft – if they harden too much they will be difficult to slice.
These salted nut rolls with crust are so good you will find any reason to make a batch! If you love ooey-gooey, salty-sweet chewy treats you have got to try this recipe. I know you will love it!
If you love a great sweet treat, here are more bar recipes you will love!
- The best thick and chewy Best Rice Krispie Treats that will always be a trusted favorite!
- Ooey, gooey Caramel Oatmeal Bars with caramel and chocolate chips that are quick and easy.
- A shortbread crust, almond filling with powdered sugar frosting makes e these Almond Bars amazing!
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love these salt nut roll treats! Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics.
You can find me at @julieseatsandtreats or just #julieseatsandtreats -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your yummy treat!
Salted Nut Roll Bars
- 15.25 oz yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- ¾ c. melted butter divided
- 3 c. miniature marshmallows
- 12 oz peanut butter chips
- ½ c. corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c. peanuts
- 2 c. Rice Krispies
- Mix the cake mix, egg and 1/4 c. butter. Press into a greased 9×13 pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Put the marshmallows on top of the hot crust. Return to oven for 3 minutes or until puffed up.
- Melt the peanut butter chips, corn syrup and 1/2 c. butter. Add vanilla and mix. Then add the peanuts and Rice Krispies. Mix well.
- Pour over marshmallows. Refrigerate, but make sure to cut before they get to hard!
Leave a Comment