Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
Slow Cooker Mexican Quinoa Bake
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 15 ounces can black beans
- 15 ounces can corn kernels
- 14.5 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Add the broth, quinoa, and tomatoes to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add all the other ingredients except the cheese and stir a few times to combine.
- Set the slow cooker to high for 2 ½ to 3 hours (different models of slow cookers cook for different lengths of time). I set mine for 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- Check to see that all the ingredients are set together and that the quinoa bake is very thick. Add the cup of shredded cheese on top and turn the slow cooker back on high for a remaining 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve by spooning into bowls and enjoy.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 221kcal Calories from fat 53|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Connect with Jessica Here!
More quinoa posts like this: