These melt in your mouth Barbecue Ribs are baked in your oven for a delicious smokey, tender ribs recipe loaded with homemade barbecue sauce! Easy oven baked ribs is a recipe that everyone will love! Pair them with a baked potato and side dish and you have an entire meal perfect for guests!
I just got done hosting my daughter’s second birthday party and I’m exhausted. Literally drained. It was only our family but my feet hurt, my hip hurts and I’m worn out. I quite possibly took on a little bit to much this weekend.
I felt the need to make homemade cupcakes instead of ordering them. I felt the need to make several banners to announce that she was turning 2 and it had to be in the Minnie Mouse treats that I had picked for her theme.
I had to clean my house. I had to make scotcheroo bars cut out in the shape of mouse heads and dipped in Candiquik.
But really….did I have too?
Who said I had to other than me? My friend I were talking the other week, she’s the one that helped me come up will all the decor and she designed the cupcake toppers because well she rocks my socks off and let’s just say I only act like I’m crafty. ACT people. It’s all a farce. She, on the other hand, amazes me and is totally authentically crafty.
Barbecue Ribs Recipe
Anyways we were talking and she mentioned how our grandmas would laugh at us if they looked at how we go over the top on everything nowadays. Especially how our birthday parties are crazy for our kids. Thanks to Pinterest and Social Media.
Before them, I wouldn’t have had any clue on how to design all this stuff or make themed food for a party. Well, I probably could have pulled off food but before blogging on would have happily called up our local bakery and let them handle the cupcakes.
Now, I feel the need to impress. I feel the need to post on social media as I make the crafts, hang the decor and master the food.
Really I’m part of the problem. I’m now showing all the women that they need to keep up with me, that they need to have themed decor, themed food and try to keep it all together. I apologize. Truly I do. You do not need to do this. Go order that cake or cupcakes. Throw some food on the grill. It’s fine. No one is going to die. The house is not going to burn down. If there is some clutter on those counters, really no one’s going to care or judge. We have all been there.
What is important is that you invited your family and friends over, you got to connect with them, your kids got to play and everyone had a good time. Will people remember my themed decor? Will they remember my cute little Mickey Mouse decor?
Possibly. But if they weren’t there no one would have minded either.
Next year. I’m taking my own advice. Or I’m going to try! Life will go on.
My question to you is do you go all out? Do you go crazy for birthday parties?
Grocery list for Barbecued Ribs in Oven Recipe
- Brown sugar
- Lemon juice
- Barbecue sauce
- Liquid smoke
How long does it take to cook ribs in the oven?
- All total about baking ribs in the oven will take about 2 1/4 hours. This is a great recipe for a terrific low-maintenance meal that everyone will love!
What temp do I cook ribs on?
- The first 45 minutes you will sear them at 450, then add the sauce and return them to the oven at 350 degrees.
Are ribs supposed to fall off the bone?
- I know that’s something we all hear, right? But perfectly cut ribs should pull cleanly off the ribs when you’re eating them. They will have a delicious crust from this amazing barbecue sauce!
Barbecue Ribs in Oven
What does this have to do with Smokey Barbecue Ribs? Nothing. Other than the fact that I’ll probably need to make these for my hubs after he recoups from the birthday party and me possibly yelling at him a few times over the weekend…
So if you want to impress your man or really anyone at all throw these ribs together and enjoy!
How to Make Barbecue Ribs
This Barbecued Rib Recipe makes the most tender, perfectly cooked ribs every time! Let me walk you thru how easy this recipe is!
How to make Barbecue Ribs in Oven
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mince the garlic.
- Cut ribs and put on a rack in large shallow pan. Spread minced garlic over ribs. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 45 minutes.
- While the ribs are baking, combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove meat from oven and place in a clean pan.
- Pour sauce over meat.
- Reduce heat in the oven to 350 degrees and bake, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours, brushing occasionally with sauce.
Make sure you serve them with a side of Couscous Salad with Vegetables, Cowboy Beans or Crock Pot Baked Beans! You just can’t have ribs without beans, can you? And if you crowd gets a little bigger, consider these Barbecue Baked Chicken Drumsticks! If you have a pressure cooker you might want to try my Instant Pot Ribs, too!
Enjoy these ribs! Be sure and tag me when you do so I can see your tasty eats!! #julieseatsandtreats or on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats!
Barbecue Ribs Recipe
- 1 lb ribs
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 c. 7-Up
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. honey
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 c. barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut ribs and put on rack in large shallow pan. Spread minced garlic over ribs. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- In the meantime combine the remaining ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove meat from oven and place in a clean pan. Pour sauce over meat. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours, brushing occasionally with sauce.