S’mores Bars are a delicious cookie bar with your favorite s’mores flavors in them like marshmallow, chocolate and graham crackers! This easy dessert bar is so ooey, gooey and delicious. The perfect sweet treat when you are craving a s’more and don’t want to make a fire.
My family absolutely loves to make s’mores around a campfire, but sometimes it’s truly just too cold to go outside! Enter, this ooey gooey smores bars recipe!
This recipe is really easy to follow and it truly tastes like a smore made around a campfire. There’s also significantly less mess…I’m looking at you, the double marshmallow smores maker who gets sticky sugar all over their face! Oh, and no bake s’mores bars are even better for those messy eaters.
These smore’s bars have all the fun and taste of a normal smore, without the campfire.
Why You’ll Love S’mores Bars
- This easy smores bars recipe is a great option for younger kids who are too little to roast their own marshmallows to make a classic smore.
- Smores bars don’t take too long to make! You’ll only need 45 minutes to whip up this dessert.
- This smores dessert is a great, easy, option for parties and family get togethers.
Ingredients for Smores Bars
- All Purpose Flour – Use a good quality all purpose flour for best results!
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – Crushing up the graham crackers will give you the graham cracker taste of a classic s’more.
- Baking Powder – This will help your smores bars rise.
- Butter – Let your butter come to room temperature before using it. Room temperature butter will mix better and produce a better bake.
- Brown Sugar – Pack your cups of brown sugar tightly in order to have plenty of sugar in your s’mores cars.
- Eggs – Eggs help give your smores dessert structure.
- Marshmallow Fluff – Using marshmallow fluff will give you the same gooey and delicious results that a roasted marshmallow gives!
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips – I like semi-sweet chocolate chips in this smores bar recipe, but you could use dark chocolate or milk chocolate!
How to Make S’mores Bars
Begin by spraying your 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set it aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, and baking powder until fully incorporated. Set that aside.
In another mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until smooth. Then, add in the eggs and beat until thoroughly mixed.
Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing with the hand mixer as you go.
Take half of the dough and put it into the bottom of your prepared baking dish. Squish it out like a pie crust until it covers the entire bottom of the baking dish.
Then, spread a layer of marshmallow fluff on top of the dough mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly on top of the marshmallow fluff.
Carefully spread the remaining dough onto the top of the marshmallow mixture and sprinkle more chocolate chips on top.
Bake, allow to cool. and then serve!
How to Serve S’mores Bars
This smores dessert is best served warm! Top with a dollop of whipped cream, or serve as is. It’ll pair great with a cold glass of milk!
How long do S’mores Bars last?
Store your s’mores bars at room temperature in an airtight container for up 4 or 5 days.
FRIDGE: Smores bars will last a little over a week if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
FREEZER: Place fully cooled smores dessert in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight before reheating or eating.
REHEAT: Pop your yummy dessert in the microwave for about 15 seconds to enjoy a warm smores bar!
Can I use a chocolate bar instead of chocolate chips?
Sure! I would just suggest breaking it up into smaller pieces in order to have your chocolate evenly distributed. Be sure not too add too much chocolate or your smores bars could become super mushy and messy.
Do I have to use marshmallow fluff?
Not necessarily. You could use regular marshmallows but it may change the bake time, so watch it closely while it’s in the oven.
Pro Tips for the Best Smores Bars
- If you’re feeling really adventurous, make your own marshmallow fluff for extra gooey goodness!
- Add chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts to change up your smores bars.
- Use two different chocolates! One on one side of the baking dish, and one on the other side. This way, you can have two different flavors of smores dessert.
These smores bars are just so easy to make and deliciously gooey!
More S’mores Recipes You’ll Love
- This No Bake S’more Trifle is super easy and so yummy!
- These S’mores Cookies are a family favorite.
- Need an easy no bake cookie? Try these Ritz S’mores Cookies!
- S’more doughnuts are crazy delicious and fun!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2. cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 9×13 inch pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together, flour, graham cracker crumbs and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs. On slow, beat in flour mixture, adding up a little at a time.
- Divide dough in half. Spread half of the dough evenly into the pan. Top with marshmallow mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips on top. Scatter remaining dough on top and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown around edges and set in the middle. Take out and cool. They cut easier if they are refrigerated for a little while!
Sure! I would just suggest breaking it up into smaller pieces in order to have your chocolate evenly distributed. Be sure not too add too much chocolate or your smores bars could become super mushy and messy. Do I Have To Use Marshmallow Fluff?
Not necessarily. You could use regular marshmallows but it may change the bake time, so watch it closely while it’s in the oven. Storage FRIDGE: Smores bars will last a little over a week if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. FREEZER: Place fully cooled smores dessert in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight before reheating or eating.