Summer’s favorite snack mix – S’mores Muddy Buddies are loved by all. You won’t believe how fast it disappears!
Hi Everyone! And just like that, it’s summer. It feels like yesterday since my last post here on Julie’s blog. If I remember correctly, back then the temperatures still weren’t able to make up their mind and I was longing for summer. Which was clearly evident by my craving for fresh fruit and pops of color.
I am beyond excited that it finally feels like summer and that we’re able to spend as much time as we possibly can outdoors. There’s nothing like a day at the lake, going for a run on our beautiful MN trails, and finishing the day off with a bonfire and enjoying the company of friends and family.
Speaking of which. The one thing that’s practically essential when having a bonfire, are the supplies and ingredients needed to make s’mores. No late night feels right without one, am I right? But what about the summer nights when you don’t have the opportunity to sit around an actual fire, but the cravings won’t go away? Well, do I have the perfect recipe for you. S’mores Muddy Buddies is the best summer night snack. No fire needed.
It only takes 5 ingredients to make a snack mix that is unbelievably addicting. So consider yourself warned ;). A yummy mixture of Golden Graham cereal, chocolate chips, peanut butter, confectioner’s sugar and mallow bits (teeny tiny marshmallows).
Not only is this snack mix perfect for this time of year with its iconic flavors, but since it requires no baking and minimal heat, I honestly can’t think of a sweet treat that’s better or more appropriate to make when the temperatures are rising outside.
Hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as we do!
S’mores Muddy Buddies
- 6 cups Golden Graham cereal divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup mallow bits
- Pour 5 cups of the cereal into a Ziploc bag.
- Place 3/4 cup chocolate chips and peanut butter in a heatproof bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals in the microwave until completely melted and stir to combine. Pour mixture over the cereal in the bag, seal and shake until cereal is evenly coated with the peanut butter chocolate mixture. Add confectioner's sugar as well, seal, and shake again until cereal is coated with the sugar.
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl and add remaining cup cereal, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, and mallow bits. Give it a gentle stir and serve.