Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Delicious, Soft, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe with Pudding in the Mix!
For Christmas my nephew request chocolate chip cookies for part of his present. I figured with so many goodies around at Christmas time I’d save it for another time and put an “IOU” in his Christmas present. Well finally four months later I’m delivering on my present!
I’ve been looking for a chocolate chip cookie that stayed soft and I think I finally found it! This little bugger is so soft and it reminds me a little of the “Soft Batch” chocolate chip cookies. Once I knew this recipe was going to turn out I loaded a plate up my nephew and sent him a picture message asking if I should share with him. He of course, replied with a YES!
His dad happened to be over and I told him I’d send them home with his dad. His quick reply was, “No I’ll come over and get them because I’m going to a friends house by your house.” He then informed me that he didn’t think they would make it home if he gave them to his dad! Don’t worry his dad got a full belly worth of cookies also!
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 4 oz package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour and baking soda. In a large bowl beat brown sugar, sugar, butter, shortening, pudding mix, vanilla and almond extract. Mix until well blended.
- Add eggs and mix well. Beat in the flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes on pan and then remove to cooling rack.
Craving More Cookies?
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies ~ Perfectly soft, chewy and delicious! Loaded with peanut butter chips & Reese’s Pieces! I want to shut from the rooftops that’s how amazing these cookies are!
Monster Cookies ~ Soft, chewy cookies loaded with Peanut Butter Chips and Reese’s Pieces!
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies ~ Soft, chewy cookies full of white chocolate chips and dried cranberries!