Southwestern Bean & Cheese Dip – A quick oven-baked dip made with layers of cream cheese, salsa, black beans, corn, melted cheese, tomatoes, and cilantro!
I am the self-appointed dip maker in my family. And that’s important because my family loves a good dip! We usually polish off the whole thing easily too. Dip recipes are probably one of my favorites to collect and create on my own. They are perfect for just about any gathering any time of year.
From pool parties, to birthdays, to baby showers, and every holiday in between, everyone always loves a good snack. I’m one of those people that is usually starving too, so I love it when I go somewhere with a good dip like this Southwestern Bean & Cheese Dip. It’s a twist on my family’s favorite Hot Bean & Cheese Dip. I really wasn’t sure if they were going to like the fact that I was changing up the “family favorite.” I’ll admit I was a little nervous. But the verdict came in, and they all loved it! I think there were quite a few folks that liked it even better!
I’m such a fan of southwestern flavors too! I’ll take on any opportunity to put black beans and corn in something. And this dip recipe really couldn’t get easier to make. It takes about 5 minutes to throw together. Then you pop it in the oven to bake about 25 minutes before your guests arrive. And once they get there, they will get to enjoy this piping hot plate of goodness! I pretty much always have everything on hand to make this too. That’s another reason it is a super convenient recipe to have in my collection!
Have fun at your next gathering, and be sure to give this little Southwestern Bean & Cheese Dip recipe a try!!
Southwestern Bean & Cheese Dip
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese slightly softened
- 1/2 cup salsa I used mild, but use a spicier one if you prefer
- 1 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 8 oz can corn drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven safe dish, spread cream cheese into a thin layer to the edges of dish.
- Spread salsa over cream cheese.
- Top with black beans and corn evenly over salsa.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Place back in oven for about 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Add tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Connect with Jaren:
Other recipes you might like: