A Southwestern inspired Chopped Salad with grilled Chicken, tons of vegetables, and topped off with a Creamy Poblano Lime Ranch Dressing.
What up peeps? Krista from Joyful Healthy Eats over here coming at ya with another recipe.
In case you missed it, last time I was over in your neck of the woods I posted a Key Lime Panna Cotta that was dairy free! (yup… the coconut milk in this will knock your socks off!)
This time its gonna be something even more killer.. but will still knock your socks off!
Soooo..have you ever just happened upon greatness by accident?
I was really struggling with what to make for dinner one night. Normally when I have a night like that we have breakfast for dinner (because who doesn’t like pancakes … um no one) or I start surfing through my pins on Pinterest which leads to something alot more complicated that what I had planned or wanted to make.
But on this particular night I was wanting something light and easy. My mind immediately went to salad. Its light… its easy.. and its guilt free.
One of my favorite styles of food is Mexican.
OB— sessed with the flavors! Its probably one of my go to’s when I’m mind blanking.
So … are you following along with me? Thus far we have gotten —> Krista’s mind is blank… salad pops in… Mexican food is her go to.
Have you guessed what the recipe is today yet? I’m sure you have… you are all muy intelligente! 🙂
Todays recipe is a Southwestern Chicken Chopped Salad.
Ok, now, back to the whole “did you ever happen upon greatness by accident.”
That is exactly what happened with the Chopped Salad recipe.
I just started throwing stuff into the bowl that I would normally use if I was making a Mexican dish. Corn, Black beans, cilantro, lime, and avocado which is a must. Next up .. a dynamite dressing.
How about a Creamy Poblano Lime Ranch Dressing?
Everything is so much better when it is in tiny bite size pieces right? Because then you can get a bite of every little bit, no missing this piece or that piece… its all there!
As soon as I took the first bite into this salad I knew it was a winner and the look on my husbands face was enough. We had happened upon greatness with this salad and it wasn’t even planned… those are the best kind of recipes!
Southwestern Chicken Chopped Salad
- 2 chicken breast grilled then cut into small dices
- 15 oz. can of sweet corn drained
- 1/2 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 head Green Leaf Lettuce thinly chopped
- 3/4 cup of ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 small tomatillo
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- 1 small roasted poblano pepper seeded removed
- In a small food processor add, ranch dressing, lime juice, tomatillo, cilantro, and roasted poblano pepper. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, and grilled chicken. Toss so that everything is combined.
- Serve with dressing on the side.
Want more Recipes by Joyful Healthy Eats?