Spicy Pepperjack Dip & Pizza Crust Dippers ~ Delicious, Easy, Cheesy Dip Loaded with Chicken, Salsa, Peppers, Cilantro & Pepper Jack Cheese!
It’s not a party without dip right? We love a good dip down south! For this one, I just used some store bought pre-cooked grilled chicken (found in your grocery store’s meat section), sauteed onions and peppers, salsa, and Pepperjack cheese. All this goodness is piled on top of cream cheese, baked in the oven a bit, and served with pizza crust dippers.
I’ll admit I’m not a huge fan of football. Really, the only year I got into it was when the Saints went to the Super Bowl. That was shortly after Hurricane Katrina, and the city was lit up with pride! Now that was fun to watch! So when the food is more important to you than the football, you need some good recipes to serve your guests right?Well, they will absolutely love this dip! That way no matter who wins the big game at least you served some good food!
Now you can also serve this dip with tortilla chips, toasted french bread slices, or crackers. It is really great with anything! Use your favorite pizza dough, homemade or store-bought. I’ve also included a pizza dough recipe for you!
Love this? Be sure to try my recipe for Pizza Monkey Bread another recipe perfect for easy eats and game day treats!
Spicy Pepperjack Dip & Pizza Crust Dippers
- 1 8 oz. block of cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers red and/or yellow
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Pepperjack cheese
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- Pizza Dough Dippers: pizza dough 1/2 stick melted butter, 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Other "dippers:" tortilla chips toasted french bread slices, or crackers
- Optional Pizza Dough Recipe: 1 tbsp sugar 1 1/4 oz packet of pizza yeast, 3 tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing, 3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting, 1 1/2 tsp salt
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and peppers and saute for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for 3 to 4 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix in salsa.
- Spread cream cheese into oven safe dish.
- Top with chicken mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Top with cilantro.
- Let cool slightly and serve with pizza crust dippers, tortilla chips, toasted french bread slices, or crackers.
- Optional Pizza Dough Recipe: Mix pizza yeast, 2 cups of flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl of a stand mixer. Add 1 1/2 cups water (120 to 125 degrees), olive oil and mix until combined. Switch to a dough hook (or just keep mixing with a spoon) and add in 1 cup of flour. Once mixed, add in remaining 3/4 cup flour. Keep mixing until dough pulls from sides. Remove to a floured surface with floured hands. Divide dough in half and freeze the other half for later use.
- Pizza Crust Dippers: Spread pizza dough in a pan and bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with garlic butter. Return to oven for 1 to 2 more minutes. Let cool slightly and cut into small strips to use for dipping.
I loved sharing with you guys today!!!
Connect with Me:
Other recipes you might enjoy: