Easy Strawberry Brownies are perfectly ooey, gooey and packed with strawberry flavor. This brownie recipe starts with a box of strawberry cake mix which is turned into fudgy strawberry flavored brownies with a sweet strawberry glaze on top.
If you’re like me, you love a good, warm, fudgey brownie. So, why not make that brownie out of strawberry cake mix? These delicious strawberry brownies are so gooey and tasty, you won’t want to make a strawberry cake ever again! Well, maybe I wouldn’t go that far…but really, these are just that good.
I love using this strawberry brownies recipe around Valentine’s Day to make a pretty, pink, and sweet treat! But they’re also a great dessert for the Spring and Summer since strawberries remind me of sunshine. I love making a batch of these for a pool party snack and bringing them to get-togethers throughout the summer.
Why You’ll Love Strawberry Brownies
- These easy strawberry brownies only take a total of 35 minutes to make! A perfect recipe for a quick dessert.
- You only need a few ingredients to make cake mix brownies and the clean-up won’t take long at all. Minimal mess for a wonderful treat!
- Strawberry brownies are a fun alternative to birthday cake for those that want to switch things up on their birthday. These also tend to be easier to eat than slices of cake, making them perfect for a “standing room only” party.
Ingredients Needed for this Strawberry Brownie Recipe
- Strawberry cake mix – Grab your favorite strawberry cake mix to make these tasty cake mix brownies.
- Eggs – You’ll need two large eggs in this recipe. Eggs help give the brownies the structure they need to stay together.
- Vegetable oil – I used vegetable oil in this recipe, but you could also use melted butter or canola oil.
- Powdered Sugar – Powdered sugar is the main ingredient in the tasty glaze that will top these brownies.
- Milk or Water – You’ll need a few tablespoons of either milk or water to help create the glaze. Milk will make your glaze a little more creamy.
- Strawberry Extract – Strawberry extract adds a bright flavor to your glaze, and elevates the overall flavor of the brownies.
How to Make Strawberry Brownies
Prepare a 9×13 baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray or lining it with parchment paper. Set that dish aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the strawberry cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs with a hand mixer or stand mixer. Mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish and smooth it out with a rubber spatula or piece of parchment paper.
Pop the brownies in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, just until the edges begin to slightly brown.
While you’re waiting for those delicious strawberry brownies to bake, you can make the glaze! In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, water or milk, and strawberry extract.
Once the brownies are done, remove them from the oven and pour the glaze on while they’re still hot.
Let them cool and let the glaze set, and then serve!
What to serve with Strawberry Brownies
Storage Tips for Strawberry Brownies
These cake mix brownies will last up to 3 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
FRIDGE: Strawberry brownies will last for about a week when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
FREEZER: Store strawberry brownies in an airtight container in the freezer for 3 months.
When storing your strawberry brownies, be sure to put squares of parchment paper between each brownie if you have to stack them. This will help keep the glaze from sticking together.
Can I bake brownies with different cake mixes?
Yes! Obviously, these strawberry brownies use strawberry cake mix, but you could make brownies with lemon cake mix, red velvet, chocolate, and more!
My Brownies turned out dry. What did I do wrong?
If your brownies are dry, you likely baked them for too long. You’ll want to bake the brownies until they are just beginning to brown on the edges. A good test is to stick a toothpick into the center of the pan of brownies. If it comes out clean, they’re done!
Pro Tips for the best Strawberry Brownies
- Add thinly sliced, fresh strawberries on top of your brownie batter before baking to take your brownies up a notch! Or, you can add some fun sprinkles to the top after you pour your glaze for extra “presentation points”.
When pouring the glaze, go slowly to avoid ripping the top of the brownies. It will be really delicate when warm, so drizzle the glaze over and then carefully spread it around so that it covers the whole pan.
Your brownie batter is going to be really thick. Make sure that you scrape the sides of the bowl and get all of the batter into the baking dish!
Give this recipe a shot and let me know how you like them! I think this will become a new family favorite recipe.
More Brownie Recipes You’ll Love
- These Turtle Brownies are the best salty and sweet brownie there is!
- Need a good blonde brownie recipe? Check this one out.
- If you’re a fan of chocolate and caramel, then you’re going to love this Chocolate Caramel Brownie recipe.
- These Fudgy Marshmallow Brownies are so gooey and wonderful!
- 15.25 ounces strawberry cake mix 1 box
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk or purified water
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9 x 13-inch baking dish by spraying it generously with cooking spray. Alternatively, you may line the dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand or stand mixer to mix 1 box of strawberry cake mix, 2 large eggs, and ⅓ cup of vegetable oil until all ingredients are combined. The batter will be thick and gooey.
- Pour the brownie batter into your prepared baking dish. Be sure to scrape out as much of the batter as possible from the mixing bowl. Use a rubber spatula or a piece of parchment paper and your hands to distribute the batter across the baking dish evenly.
- Bake brownies in preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 – 18 minutes or until the edges begin to brown, and you can insert a toothpick or cake tester, and it comes out mostly clean. You don’t want to overcook them.
- While baking the brownies, use a medium mixing bowl to whisk 1 cup of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk or purified water, and 1 teaspoon of strawberry extract until combined.
- Once the brownies are removed from the oven and still hot, gently spread the strawberry glaze over the warm brownies and allow them to cool. Be careful when handling the hot baking dish.
- Once the brownie is cool, cut it into equal squares, serve and ENJOY!
- FRIDGE: Strawberry brownies will last for about a week when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- FREEZER: Store strawberry brownies in an airtight container in the freezer for 3 months.
- When pouring the glaze, go slowly to avoid ripping the top of the brownies. It will be really delicate when warm, so drizzle the glaze over and then carefully spread it around so that it covers the whole pan.