Cool down during the warm weather months by mixing up a Strawberry Virgin Margarita! This booze-free rendition of the beloved margarita has the same sweet-tart kick and packs in the flavor, only calling for five ingredients. Once blended together, serve up Strawberry Virgin Margaritas for friends and family members alike as a cool treat. This vegan mocktail, which can be made paleo-friendly, is sure to become a summertime favorite!
Chances are, you know someone who will want a Virgin Margarita this spring, summer, or heck, this Cinco de Mayo.
Whether you’re currently not drinking, are underage or don’t drink at all, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a favorite summertime drink.
The classic Strawberry Margarita… without booze! Also, it’s also vegan and can be made paleo-friendly! You’re welcome, Internet.
Now, if you are looking for a Margarita that’s delicious and has booze this Margarita recipe is AMAZING!
STRAWBERRY VIRGIN MARGARITA
I won’t lie: Margaritas and I have a spotty history, at best. At worst, wellllll… They’re delicious, but my goodness, they can sneak up on you if you’re not careful!
This summer, I’m stickin’ to these no booze margs because they’re refreshing, sweet and a little tart… but not too tart!
The fact that they contain some of my favorite warm weather flavors—strawberries, orange and lime—just makes ‘em all the sweeter.
I have a feeling they’ll be a perfect addition to any pool party, girls’ night in, mid-afternoon pick-me-up treat, etc. because who doesn’t love this combination of flavors? And who doesn’t love a refreshing, fun-looking non-alcoholic beverage to sip on while it’s hot outside?
For the record, I’m totally the woman who orders a fancy mocktail at a restaurant for no other reason than I think it’s fun to change things up from time to time.
Other Refreshing Nonalcoholic Drinks
- Mixed Berry Mint Lemonade
- Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
- Sweet Sunrise Mocktail
- Naturally Sweetened Iced Peach Green Tea
- Blackberry Mint Spritzer
- Sparkling Cranberry Cocktail
How to Make a Virgin Margarita DELICIOUS!
- This recipe took a few iterations before I found the right combination for my taste buds. If you like your cocktails a little more tart, use less agave nectar (and add more as needed.) If you like ’em sweeter, I suggest trying what’s written below, but then tasting and potentially adding a little more agave if it’s not sweet enough.
- Fresh squeezed lime juice and orange juice is best used here, but if you’re in a pinch, you can use the bottled stuff.
- If you don’t have Orange Blossom Water and don’t want to go to the store to get it, that’s OK. You can make the recipe without it. (I think it adds a little something extra, but it’s not imperative to making an utterly delicious virgin marg.)
- Double, triple, quadruple, etc. for a crowd!
The best news, other than this mocktail tasting amazing, is the fact that you need very few ingredients, tools and time to mix ‘em up!
In fact, you probably have everything you need in your kitchen already, minus one ingredient that’s a bit more specialty.
Frozen strawbs? Check.
OJ and lime juice? Check and check.
You’re all set. These beauties are simple, but oh-so-delicious!
Here’s how you can make ‘em…
Strawberry Virgin Margarita
- 3/4 cup strawberries , frozen
- 1.5 oz. orange juice , fresh squeezed
- 1 oz. lime juice , fresh squeezed
- 1 oz. agave nectar
- 1/4 oz. orange blossom water
- In the base of a blender, measure out the strawberries, orange juice, lime juice, agave nectar and orange blossom water.
- Blend until smooth. (Depending on the strength of your blender, this could take a few minutes.)
- Enjoy immediately in your favorite glass!