Stuffed Ham & Cheese Bread ~A frozen bread dough loaf stuffed with so much ham and cheesy goodness and baked up until golden brown!!
I’m sure you are all busy busy like our family at this time of year. The countdown to summer is on down here in Louisiana. My kids have about 25 school days left! Where did this year go? I feel like it was just summer time when I had baby #4. Time flies by when you’re having fun chasing after little ones I guess…
The end of a school year is always kind of bittersweet. My babies are all another year older. My older two children are not hardly babies anymore either. Time please slow down!!
So as the school year is wrapping up and the kids are wanting to play outside more, I just want to make easy suppers my kiddos will eat well. This Stuffed Ham & Cheese Bread is just that kind of recipe. It starts out with frozen bread dough, which is such a no-brainer, easy shortcut for me. Plus it smells absolutely wonderful as it bakes up. Putting all this goodness inside to make a meal out of it is perfect!
Plus this little meal is so completely versatile. You can fill this dough with anything your family loves. One recipe in particular for Stuffed Sausage Bread makes a wonderful party appetizer too! People get upset when I don’t make it for a gathering…seriously!
Ham & Cheese Stuffed Bread
- 1 frozen bread dough loaf thawed*
- 3 tbsp honey mustard
- 3/4 lb. thinly sliced smoked ham
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 6 slices of bread and butter pickles
- vegetable oil spray
- Once dough is thawed, place it on a baking sheet pan and stretch it out into a 9 x 12 rectangle. I like to leave the dough a little thicker along the edges since it helps to seal it later.
- Spread honey mustard over dough leaving a 1 inch border around the edges.
- Evenly lay out slices of ham and then cheese.
- Top with pickles down the center.
- Starting at one end, carefully begin pulling edges together and press to seal at the top. Lay seam side down once it is all sealed.
- Carefully lift and spray with a little vegetable oil spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing into 1 1/2 inch slices.