Taco Chex Mix ~ Add a little flavor to your afternoon snacks with this delicious mix!
Well you all know about the house project. We are as busy as ever and I get to provide lunch on Saturday for all of our “helpers”. I’m starting to run out of ideas… Plus I’m totally sick of chips as a side for every meal. I needed a new twist to through in there.
When I saw this idea for Taco Chex Mix over at Shugary Sweets I knew it was calling my name. A different snack for the afternoons out the house plus a twist on plain old Chex Mix not that I don’t love that too!
I adapted it a little and we loved it! If you are looking for a quick and easy snack mix with a bit of a zest to it this is it!
Plus make your own Taco Seasoning and it’s even cheaper!
Check out more great Snack Mix treats!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
Taco Chex Mix
- 4 c. chex cereal
- 4 c. oyster crackers
- 4 c. Cheez-Its
- 4 c. butter spindle pretzels
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1/4 c. taco seasoning mix if you want it more mild start with 1/8 c.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Double line a paper bag.
- Pour cereal, crackers and pretzels into paper bag. Top with taco seasoning and oil. Fold top of bag down and shake until mixed well.
- Pour snack mix onto two large baking sheets (with sides). Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool. Pour into air tight container.
This recipe may be shared on the following sites – Please give them a visit!
Our Delightful Home | Mandy’s Recipe Box | Lil’ Luna | Semi Homemade Mom | Weekend Potluck | Six Sisters’ Stuff | Pint Sized Baked | Flour Me With Love | Chef In Training | Inside BruCrew Life | Couponing & Cooking | High Heels & Grills | Buns In My Oven | Chocolate, Chocolate and More