This is the perfect quick and easy meal for your family on busy nights. Taco Stroganoff is a spin on our popular Hamburger Stroganoff recipe! It has a ton of flavor from the seasoned taco meat and corn. Plus, it’s extra creamy from the secret ingredient, cream cheese. It’s served over traditional egg noodles.
It seems like whenever we publish a new recipe with a Tex-Mex flair you guys eat it up! Literally. Like my Taco Stuffed Shells and Taco Casserole. Both of these recipes combine pasta and taco flavors so we know you will love this one too!
Instead of beef simmered in a rich mushroom gravy, this Taco Stroganoff is a creamy and hearty noodle dish with seasoned beef and lots of cheese. It’s a fun way to switch up regular beef stroganoff (and perfect for taco Tuesday!) and will satisfy everyone’s appetites.
Why this Recipe Works
- Hearty, filling dinner ready in 30 minutes!
- Easy, pantry staple ingredients so you can always have the ingredients on hand.
- Tons of flavor from the Tex-Mex flair.
Ingredients for Taco Stroganoff
- Onion – Grab the frozen diced onion in the freezer section to save yourself time!
- Ground beef – Can substitute ground turkey or ground chicken if you’d like.
- Taco seasoning
- Canned corn n’ peppers – If you can’t find this use a can of plain corn.
- cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese – Grab a block and shred it yourself for the BEST melting cheese.
- Cooked egg noodles
How to Make Taco Stroganoff
- Brown Beef – in a large skillet, brown the beef and onions until the beef is cooked through. Drain the fat and add the taco seasoning, water and corn and peppers and cook them together for a couple of minutes.
- Mix – add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese has melted and is warmed through.
- Prepare Egg Noodles – boil the noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Serve – Spoon the Taco Stroganoff over the noodles and serve.
What Is The Difference Between Goulash And Stroganoff?
Traditional goulash is more of a stew that is made with beef and vegetables and is flavored with paprika. A traditional stroganoff is also made with beef, but it’s simmered in a rich sauce made with mushrooms and it has sour cream in it to make it creamy. I have a delicious beef stroganoff you can make in your Instant Pot!
Obviously, I took some liberties with this Taco Stroganoff. It’s different, but cooked and served in a way that’s very similar to stroganoff! I like to use ground beef because it cooks fast (and it’s hard to mess up!).
You can substitute ground turkey or even ground chicken for the beef in this recipe. For the cheese, you definitely want to use cream cheese but you could switch out the cheddar cheese for pepper jack cheese to switch up the flavors.
You could also switch out the noodles and serve this dish with rice!
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers, they will keep well for three to four days in the refrigerator. I like to portion them out into small containers so they’re easy to reheat for lunches! If you’re not going to use up the leftovers in that time frame, you can freeze them. Just be sure to store them in an airtight container and they should keep well frozen for up to two months.
How to Reheat Leftovers
The easiest way to reheat your leftovers in the microwave. Just vent the container and cook them until they are warmed through. You can also reheat them on the stovetop in a pan, but you may need to add a splash of milk or water to thin the sauce.
Make It A Meal!
- Always a go-to easy side dish for me are these Roasted Vegetables. The perfect recipe to clean out the refrigerator!
- Roasted Cauliflower
- If time isn’t on your side whip up these easy Creamed Peas!
More Of Our Favorite Stroganoff Recipes!
If your family loves stroganoff as much as mine here are a few more easy dinner recipes they will love!
- It’s a classic, but this Hamburger Stroganoff is always a family favorite and so easy to make!
- One of our most popular recipes! If you are new to the Instant Pot or just need a go-to dinner recipe try this Instant Pot Hamburger Stroganoff.
- Kids love meatballs and this Crock Pot Meatball Stroganoff couldn’t be easier using frozen meatballs!
- Made with stew meat and completely homemade with no canned soups this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is mouthwatering.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ounce envelope taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup water
- 14 .5 ounce can corn'n peppers drained
- 8 ounces package cream cheese (chive & onion flavor)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces egg noodles cooked and drained
- Cook onions and ground beef until beef is browned. Drain fat. Add taco seasoning, water and corn to beef mixture in pan; cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and cheddar; cook until it is heated through and cheese has melted.
- Serve over noodles or toss with prepared egg noodles.