Taco Stroganoff is a spin on our popular Hamburger Stroganoff recipe! This is the perfect quick and easy meal for your family on busy nights. It has a ton of flavor from the seasoned taco meat and corn. Plus, it’s extra creamy from the secret ingredient, cream cheese! It’s served over traditional egg noodles.
The BEST Taco Stroganoff!
It’s that time of year again! Back-to-school and back to a regular routine. Are you guys ready? With the weather already changing here I’m getting in a fall mood and I’m excited to do “real” cooking again! You know, recipes that are comforting and cozy and great for busy weeknights now that the kiddos are back in school. This Taco Stroganoff is a new favorite and it’s perfect for this time of year.
My mind is on all things fall! Now I want pumpkin and apple treats and cozy dinners. Remember my Hamburger Stroganoff recipe? Its definitely a reader favorite, so I decided to mix it up a bit and make this Mexican-inspired Taco Stroganoff version! I’m pleased to say if you are looking for a little zip to your stroganoff this one won’t disappoint! It comes together quick and easy (a must in my life!) and it will spice up your regular old rotation at supper!
Instead of beef simmered in a rich mushroom gravy, this Taco Stroganoff is a creamy and hearty noodle dish with seasoned beef and lots of cheese. It’s a fun way to switch up regular beef stroganoff (and perfect for taco Tuesday!) and will satisfy everyone’s appetites.
What ingredients do I need to make Taco Stroganoff?
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- canned corn n’ peppers
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
- cooked egg noodles
How do I make Taco Stroganoff?
- Brown Beef – in a large skillet, brown the beef and onions until the beef is cooked through. Drain the fat and add the taco seasoning, water and corn and peppers and cook them together for a couple of minutes.
- Mix Taco Stroganoff Mixture – add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese has melted and is warmed through.
- Prepare Egg Noddles – boil the noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Serve – Spoon the Taco Stroganoff over the noodles and serve.
What tools do I need to make Taco Stroganoff?
- large skillet or pan
- large pot for boiling the noodles
What is the difference between goulash and stroganoff?
Traditional goulash is more of a stew that is made with beef and vegetables and is flavored with paprika. A traditional stroganoff is also made with beef, but it’s simmered in a rich sauce made with mushrooms and it has sour cream in it to make it creamy.
Obviously, I took some liberties with this Taco Stroganoff! It’s different, but cooked and served in a way that’s very similar to stroganoff! I like to use ground beef because it cooks fast (and it’s hard to mess up!).
What substitutions can I make for this recipe?
You can substitute ground turkey or even ground chicken for the beef in this recipe. For the cheese, you definitely want to use cream cheese but you could switch out the cheddar cheese for pepper jack cheese to switch up the flavors.
You could also switch out the noodles and serve this dish with rice!
How to store Taco Stroganoff: If you have leftovers, they will keep well for three to four days in the refrigerator. I like to portion them out into small containers so they’re easy to reheat for lunches! If you’re not going to use up the leftovers in that time frame, you can freeze them. Just be sure to store them in an airtight container and they should keep well frozen for up to two months.
How to reheat: The easiest way to reheat your leftovers in the microwave. Just vent the container and cook them until they are warmed through. You can also reheat them on the stovetop in a pan, but you may need to add a splash of milk or water to thin the sauce.
What goes good with stroganoff?
More Stroganoff Recipes!
If your family loves stroganoff as much as mine here are a few more easy dinner recipes they will love!
- Hamburger Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Hamburger Stroganoff
- Crock Pot Meatball Stroganoff
- Ground Beef Stroganoff Casserole
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS TACO STROGANOFF RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Try it and love it? Rate it, please!!! ? Seriously though a five-star rating below will make my day! If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats so I can see your cozy dinner!!
Taco Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 oz envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 c. water
- 14 .5 oz can corn'n peppers drained
- 8 oz package cream cheese (chive & onion flavor)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz egg noodles cooked and drained
- Cook onions and ground beef until beef is browned. Drain fat. Add taco seasoning, water and corn to beef mixture in pan; cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and cheddar; cook until it is heated through and cheese has melted.
- Serve over noodles or toss with prepared egg noodles.