Texas Tacos ~ Tacos are taken over the top when they are stuffed full of taco meat, tomatoes, corn, red pepper and rice!
Do you love tacos as much as me? They are so easy to whip up and they seem to always please everyone because you can just pick your toppings!
If you do love a good old taco you have to try these out. They take it to the next level of taco awesomeness.
Yes awesomeness is a word. Just wanted to clarify that.
These little guys are stuffed with taco meat, tomatoes, rice and corn. So filling! Plus it makes a ton of taco meats so it’s great for leftovers too. And guess what, my hubby, the pickiest vegetable eater ever, never knew I had snuck some tomatoes and red peppers in there!
Want to know what I did with my leftovers? Well, you do, I’m answering that for you. I stuck mine between two burrito shells and made an amazing quesadilla. Yup awesomeness again.
If you are looking for the next family meal this is it! Remember…tomorrow is Tuesday and well Taco Tuesday is always a hit! It was in our house!
Make sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff Julie’s Eats & Treats is up too!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium sweet pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/3 c. frozen corn thawed
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 8.8 oz ready to serve brown rice
- 20 taco shells
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, red peppers, and onion over medium heat until beef is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain grease.
- Mix in tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil and then add rice. Heat mixture through. Serve in taco shells and top as desired.