This amazing Tomato Tortellini Soup is creamy and full of flavor with only 5 Ingredients! It tastes homemade but we start with a base of Imagine® Organic Creamy Tomato Soup and dress it up. It’s the perfect comforting soup recipe for cold winter nights when you are busy and need dinner on the table quickly! Toss together a side salad and garlic bread for a quick and easy meal the whole family with devour.
I am so excited to partner with Walmart and Imagine® to create this easy Tomato Tortellini Soup that will keep you happy and warm as the weather cools down.
There’s just something about warming up with a big, hot bowl of soup on a cold winter night isn’t there? As the temps cool down my mind keeps thinking about all the comfort food, especially things like this amazing Tomato Tortellini Soup recipe with only 5 ingredients!
This soup starts with delicious Imagine® Organic Creamy Tomato Soup add in a few simple additions of Italian diced tomatoes, cheese Tortellini, cream and Parmesan cheese and you have tomato soup loaded with cheese filled tortellini. Plus, it tastes homemade with half the effort!
Why this recipe works!
- Did we mention you only need 5 ingredients that you can easily stock?
- Ready in 30 minutes!
- Perfect hearty soup to warm up to on a cold night, plus it makes great lunches!
First of all you only need 5 ingredients! I love simple meals like this!
- Imagine Creamy Tomato Soup
- Italian Diced Tomatoes – We prefer petite diced tomatoes in this soup to sneak them pass the kids, but you can use regular too.
- Heavy cream
- Frozen Cheese Tortellini – You can also use dried or fresh cheese tortellini in this soup. If using fresh you can reduce the cooking time a few minutes.
- Parmesan cheese
Only 3 Steps to Prepare
- Make Soup – In a saucepan combine the tomato soup, diced tomatoes and heavy cream. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add Tortellini – Add in Tortellini and simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until tortellini is tender and cooked through.
- Add Cheese – Stir in Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Here are a few great ideas to make this easy soup recipe your own!
- Add in your favorite seasonings!
- Italian Seasoning
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Basil
- Add a few bay leaves while cooking
- Add in spinach with your tortellini
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers pour into airtight containers or freezer bags. Make sure soup is completely cooled before sealing the containers or the bag.
It will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you freeze it will last up to 2 months.
Make it a Meal!
- Serve a batch of these easy, homemade Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
- A simple tossed salad is a great addition or grab a bagged salad at the grocery store to pair with this soup.
- Can anyone pass up a homemade grilled cheese with their tomato soup?
Have you tried this recipe? I’d love if you would rate it!! A five-star rating will make my day!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats that way I’m sure to see your pictures!!
Tomato Tortellini Soup
- 32 oz Imagine Creamy Tomato Soup
- 14.5 oz Great Value Italian Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 c. Great Value heavy cream
- 19 oz Great Value Frozen Cheese Tortellini
- 1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish optional
- In a saucepan combine the tomato soup, diced tomatoes and heavy cream. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in Tortellini and simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until tortellini is tender and cooked through.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.