Tortilla Pinwheels ~ Bite sized bites stuffed with Black Olives, Green Chiles, Cheese and Cream Cheese!
I always get excited when I go to someones house for an event and these are sitting on the table. I figured it was about time I tried to make them, well I tried once and it wasn’t pretty. I learned quickly that the key to making these little babies is good flour tortillas. I found those in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. The other tortillas I got were flaky and it was pretty! It’s also easier to cut these when they are stored in the fridge to let the cream cheese firm up.
The hubby daringly tried these (Daring for him!) and he fell in love too. I don’t think I’ll tell him that there are black olives in them. *GASP* He’d never eat them again. Little white lies never hurt anyone did they?
If you are starting to look forward to planning a Super Bowl Party these would be perfect! For another easy recipe you might like to try my Dill Pickle Dip, too!
- 1 c. sour cream
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 4 oz can diced green chilies drained
- 4 oz can chopped black olives drained
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. chopped green onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 8 10in. flour tortillas
- Mix all filling ingredients together, except tortillas. Divide filling and spread evenly over tortillas; roll up tortillas.
- Roll each tortilla up in plastic wrap, twisting the ends. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Unwrap; cut into slices. Lay pinwheels flat on glass serving plate.