Tortilla Pinwheels ~ Bite sized bites stuffed with Black Olives, Green Chiles, Cheese and Cream Cheese!
I always get excited when I go to someones house for an event and these are sitting on the table. I figured it was about time I tried to make them, well I tried once and it wasn’t pretty. I learned quickly that the key to making these little babies is good flour tortillas. I found those in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. The other tortillas I got were flaky and it was pretty! It’s also easier to cut these when they are stored in the fridge to let the cream cheese firm up.
The hubby daringly tried these (Daring for him!) and he fell in love too. I don’t think I’ll tell him that there are black olives in them. *GASP* He’d never eat them again. Little white lies never hurt anyone did they?
If you are starting to look forward to planning a Super Bowl Party these would be perfect!
- 1 c. sour cream
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz can diced green chilies, drained
- 4 oz can chopped black olives, drained
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. chopped green onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 8 (10in.) flour tortillas
- Mix all filling ingredients together, except tortillas. Divide filling and spread evenly over tortillas; roll up tortillas.
- Roll each tortilla up in plastic wrap, twisting the ends. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Unwrap; cut into slices. Lay pinwheels flat on glass serving plate.
|Serving Size||2 pinwheels|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 61kcal Calories from fat 37|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|