Turkey Shepherd’s Pie ~ The Perfect Casserole to use up Leftover Turkey and Vegetables from the Holidays! Peas, Carrots and Beans with Gravy then Piled with Mashed Potatoes and Topped with Parmesan Cheese!
It’s time for the holidays! When I think of the holidays I dream of relaxing with family, warming up by the fire place and of course, eating a lot of delicious food!
Another thing that comes with the holidays is a whole lot of hustle and bustle. I feel like we are constantly packing up food, gifts, kids and ourselves to go to another party or gathering. It’s slightly exhausting and can be overwhelming as much as I love it too! It could possibly be because I can’t say no to anything and I tend to overbook myself. Imagine that!
I also tend to make a lot of food this time of year. My philosophy has always been, better way to much food than not enough! Usually, this tends to lead to me have a ton of leftovers. There’s only so many times you can eat the same thing until you have to get really creative with recipes to jazz up your leftovers!
Like I said before, holidays are a busy time, yet I want to be able to get a homemade dinner on the table for my family like usual. That’s why I love using my leftovers to create homemade recipes for my family.
Around Thanksgiving time I always seem to have a fridge full of leftover turkey, gravy and veggies so I decided a casserole was the recipe that needed to happen! I took my veggies and mixed them with the gravy then layered on my favorite Simply Potatoes® Traditional Mashed Potatoes and a little Parmesan cheese.
Have you tried Simply Potatoes? If not, what are you waiting for? They are my favorite go-to secret weapon to a great dinner! They are made with real ingredients, fresh never frozen potatoes plus they are so easy to prepare! My family loves mashed potatoes, but I hate making them. Seriously, I just don’t do it. They are so excited when they see me pull out the Simply Potatoes? Traditional Mashed Potatoes! I’m also excited because it’s less work for me! Not only do they have Mashed Potatoes but so many other delicious options. Make sure to check out their product page!
Turkey Shepherds Pie
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 c. shredded leftover turkey
- 1 c. leftover diced carrots
- 1 c. leftover diced green beans
- 1 c. leftover peas
- 2 c. leftover gravy
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 chopped parsley
- 2 24 oz containers Simply Potatoes® Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the olive oil and saute the onions until transparent. Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the vegetables and turkey. Saute with onions and garlic for one minute. Add the gravy, parsley, salt and pepper and heat for 2 minutes.
- Prepare the Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes according to package directions
- Spread turkey filling on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer the mashed potatoes on top. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of potatoes.
- Baked for 30 minutes or until the top is bubbly and golden brown.
Craving More Casseroles?
Cheesy Chicken Stuffing Casserole ~ Tender, Juicy Chicken Breast Topped with Cheese and Stuffing! Quick, Easy Weeknight Recipe!
Moms Pizza Casserole ~ Family Pleasing Casserole Stuffed with Pasta, Hamburger and Pizza Sauce!
Sloppy Joe Under a Bun Casserole ~ Sloppy Joe Meat hidden under a layer of cheese and topped with a “bun”!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes®. The opinions and text are all mine.