Valentine Snack Mix ~ Popcorn, Peanuts and M&M’s coated in White Almond Bark! An Easy Sweet Snack for Your Sweetie!
It’s still blustery and cold here in Minnesota. Is it June yet? Are you tired of me complaining? I’m sure you are so I made this yummy snack mix!
I saw the pink, red and white M&M’s and I knew I had to make something with them. I mean they were so happy looking and I need a little happy in my life right now to get me through the rest of this winter that is for sure!
Happy thoughts, warm thoughts, beach thoughts, ahhhh I just might make it through. Is is June yet?
This yummy snack mix is perfect for your sweetie on Valentine’s Day and is a play off my Monster Munch recipe. I figured I loved that stuff so why not put a Valentine’s spin on it?
And now after talking about this concoction I’m going to take a break and walk to the kitchen and stuff my face full of it again….this is my warning to you!
This snack mix is highly addictive and you should beware of it!
This snack mix comes together with only a few ingredients and it’s great to surprise pretty much anyone with. The kids love it, the coworkers love it, the hubs loves it and can I say that my Mom adores this stuff!
She comes to visit when she knows I’m making this which is quite alright with this lady!
Valentine Snack Mix
- 1 package almond bark 1 lb
- 12 c. popped popcorn about 1/2 c. kernels
- 1 1/2 c. M&M's
- 1 1/2 c. dry roasted salted peanuts
- Pop popcorn and place in a HUGE mixing bowl. The biggest you have. You’ll need it and it’s much easier to mix if you aren’t struggling to keep it in the bowl.
- Put the almond bark in a double boiler or microwave safe bowl and melt according to directions on the package. Be careful not to go to long without stirring it or it will get hard and not mix.
- Pour the melted almond bark over the popcorn and stir until everything is well coated. Spread out on waxed paper. Sprinkle M&M's and peanuts over mix before it cools. If you mix it right into the popcorn in the bowl the M&M's will start melting. Let sit until completely dry and then break into clumps.
Photos updated – 1/30/17
More Valentine Recipes!
Puff Corn Valentines Snack Mix ~ Delicious, Festive Valentine’s Day Snack Mix!
Valentine Caramel Kiss Peanut Butter Blossoms ~ Soft Peanut Butter Cookies with a Caramel Filled Kiss Rolled in Pink Sugar!
Red Velvet Fudge Recipe – This super easy fudge recipe comes together in minutes and melts in your mouth!