Swirl Valentine Cake ~ Super Easy Dessert Starts with a Boxed Cake Mix and Becomes the Perfect Easy Valentine’s Day Dessert!
Can you believe Valentine’s Day is creeping up on us so fast? I bet you think I’m crazy for posting a Valentine’s recipe already, but seriously it’s right around the corner. Who are you going to treat this Valentine’s Day? Your hubby, wife, mom, children?
I obviously will treat the hubby, but I’m thinking the parents need a HUGE treat too and I might just to bake them a cake like this. You see they cleaned my house. It was a dire state of need. Sometimes I just can’t get it all done and it might have slipped.
Story goes like this. I was complaining to my mom about how dirty my house was and I didn’t know when I’d get to clean it again one morning. Later that morning she texted me to see if I would want her to swing by for a few hours and clean a little. UH HELLO?! Do I seriously need to answer that mom? Of course that would simply fantastic. So while I was slaving away at work my parents went to my house and cleaned. Spoiled? Nah just loved.
Now I didn’t tell my hubby because he would have said I was spoiled. Guess what? He didn’t even notice. Men. Well maybe it’s good because obviously he does not notice when I let things slip. The freshly vacuumed carpets lines, clean bathrooms etc just don’t matter to him obviously!
So if you need to make something sweet for you Valentine whip up this cute and festive cake that is super easy since it uses a box mix. GASP. I know. I won’t tell if you don’t!
Valentine’s Swirl Cake
- 1 box white cake mix + Ingredients to prepare cake
- 1 Tbsp strawberry jello
- 1 container white frosting
- Pink Gel Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to temperature on cake mix. Generously grease a fluted tube cake pan. Make cake batter according to directions on box.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into a small bowl; stir 1 Tbsp strawberry jello into cake mix until well mixed.
- Pour 1/2 of the red cake batter into bottom of pan. Carefully pour remaining white batter over red batter. Top with the rest of the red batter. The red batter will not completely cover the white batter.
- Bake as directed on box. Cool cake 5 minutes. Flip out of pan onto cooling rack and cool cake completely.
- When cake is cooled, divide the frosting evenly into 2 microwaveable bowls. Microwave 1 bowl of frosting on high a few seconds until smooth enough to drizzle over cake. With spoon, drizzle all of the 1st bowl of microwaved frosting over the cake. Repeat microwaving second bowl. Stir in the pink gel food coloring. Drizzle over cake. *Note you do not need to use all the frosting!
- Let the cake stand until frosting is set. Enjoy!
More Fun Valentine’s Day Recipes!
Valentine Snack Mix ~ Popcorn, Peanuts and M&M’s coated in White Almond Bark! An Easy Sweet Snack for Your Sweetie!
Puff Corn Valentines Snack Mix ~ Delicious, Festive Valentine’s Day Snack Mix!
Valentine Caramel Kiss Peanut Butter Blossoms ~ Soft Peanut Butter Cookies with a Caramel Filled Kiss Rolled in Pink Sugar!