Simple, refreshing Whiskey Lemonade is the perfect summer cocktail! The tart lemonade balances out the whiskey perfectly.
This is one of my favorite drink recipes because it’s easy to make and even easier to sip on during the hot summer months! It’s so simple it’s ready to enjoy in less than five minutes or make a big batch for all your summer parties.
Easy Spiked Lemonade Recipe
I love easy cocktails and this whiskey lemonade is one of the easiest! You don’t need a bunch of ingredients and they’re ones you might already have on hand.
For this recipe, I’m showing you how to make one drink but it’s really easy to scale up to serve more. It’s so easy, you’ll be sipping on your refreshing drink in no time at all.
We’re making a simple homemade lemonade but you can also use store-bought lemonade. This is a great option if you want to make a big batch to share. So, be sure to check out the tips later in the post!
What’s great about this drink is that you can easily adjust the ingredients to your tastes. So, feel free to adjust the amounts to make your perfect drink.
We love this drink during the summer when we want something cold and refreshing. The combination of lemonade and whiskey is so good!
Is a whiskey lemonade the same thing as a Lynchburg lemonade?
If the whiskey lemonade is made with Jack Daniel’s it’s often called a Lynchburg lemonade since that is the name of the town in Tennessee where Jack Daniel’s is made.
- Simple syrup – I’m sharing a quick and easy way to make it. You only need water and granulated sugar.
- Fresh lemon juice – Fresh-squeezed is best!
- Whiskey – We use Jack Daniel’s.
- Sparkling water – Look for it near the bottled water at the grocery store. We like Perrier, La Croix, and Bubly.
Can you use soda water instead of sparkling water?
Yes, if you have soda water on hand feel free to use it in your lemonade whiskey cocktail.
Can you use bottled lemon juice?
I don’t recommend using bottled lemon juice. Fresh-squeezed lemon juice has a much better flavor! If you are making lemonade for one, you only need three tablespoons of juice. If you want to make a bigger batch, I recommend using store-bought lemonade. More on that coming up!
How To Make Whiskey Lemonade
Combine the water and sugar in a microwave-safe container. Heat the mixture for 30 seconds in the microwave or until the sugar has dissolved.
Add the lemon juice and whiskey to the sugar water and mix to combine. Pour the mixture into a tall glass with ice cubes.
Top the drink with sparkling water and garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
How To Make Spiked Lemonade With Store-Bought Lemonade
If you want to use prepared lemonade, omit the water, sugar, and lemon juice and replace it with 1/3 cup of lemonade per drink. Just combine the lemonade and whiskey in your glass and top it off with sparkling water!
How to Make Large Batch Whiskey Lemonade
Want to make a big batch to share? Here are my tips for making eight drinks:
I recommend using store-bought lemonade and you will need 2 1/2 to 3 cups for eight servings. Mix it with about 12 ounces of whiskey in a large pitcher. You can refrigerate it ahead of time.
Just before serving it, add about four cups of sparkling water and then pour into glasses filled with ice.
Serve it with these snacks!
The only thing better than a whiskey lemonade is a whiskey lemonade with some snacks on the side!
- Crunchy snacks: Try my ranch pretzels and seasoned oyster crackers!
- Dips: We love these drinks with some veggie dip or BLT dip!
- Hot Snacks: Try some jalapeno poppers or mozzarella sticks!
Ready to sip on a homemade whiskey lemonade? It’s a drink recipe made for summer – it’s so refreshing! Try and soon and enjoy!
More Easy Lemonade Drinks
- Strawberry Lemonade Margaritas are a fun twist on a classic drink!
- A John Daly is a spiked lemonade and ice tea drink that is perfect for a hot day.
- Spiked Watermelon Lemonade is another great drink for summer BBQs and parties!
- Sparkling Mint Lemonade is so refreshing and easy to make!
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1.5 ounces whiskey
- ½ cup sparkling water
- Place the water and sugar in a microwave-safe container and heat for 30 seconds or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the lemon juice and whiskey.
- Pour in a glass filled with ice.
- Top it with sparkling water and enjoy.
- If you want to use prepared lemonade, omit the water, sugar, and lemon juice and replace it with 1/3 cup of lemonade per drink. Just combine the lemonade and whiskey in your glass and top it off with sparkling water!
- Want to make a big batch to share? Here are my tips for making eight drinks: I recommend using store-bought lemonade and you will need 2 1/2 to 3 cups for eight servings. Mix it with about 12 ounces of whiskey in a large pitcher. You can refrigerate it ahead of time. Just before serving it, add about four cups of sparkling water and then pour into glasses filled with ice.