Be sure to subscribe to my newsletter HERE so you never miss a new recipe!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour (all purpose flour can be substituted)
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9 pan with foil, grease the foil. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter and brown sugar for several minutes, until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, combine almonds, flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until blended and crumbly. Remove 1 1/4 cups of the mixture and set it aside.
- Dump the remaining mixture into the prepared 9x9 pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to evenly press the mixture into the pan. Spread the strawberry jam over the crust, then top with sliced strawberries. Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture over the top.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, until the top is light golden brown and the jam is bubbling around the edges. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
More from Celebrating Sweets: