Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe
This quick and easy recipe is made in the microwave which makes it a quick and easy Christmas Candy!
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c. corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c. unsalted peanuts
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
Combine sugar, syrup and salt in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes on high.
Stir in peanuts. Microwave 3 to 5 more minutes, stirring after 3 minutes. Microwave until syrup and peanuts are light brown. Stir in butter, vanilla and baking soda until light and foamy. Spread on buttered cookie sheet.
Cool and break.
- Have your cookie sheet buttered before you make the peanut brittle because it sets up fast.
- You can also use parchment paper to pour your brittle onto.
- Wondering why we use baking soda? Baking soda makes the brittle tender by adding air bubbles, giving it a porous texture.
- To store this candy simply layer the brittle in an air tight container and place parchment or wax paper between the layers.
- Peanut Brittle will keep in an airtight container for up to two months so it's a great make ahead candy.
- Switch things up and substitute the peanuts for cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts or pecans.
Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.7mg