Easy Fruit Salad
Quick and easy fruit salad recipe with strawberries, blueberries, pineapple and mandarin oranges. Covered in a dressing using vanilla pudding and extracts.
- 1 lb strawberries hulled and sliced
- 11 oz blueberries
- 3 c. red grapes
- 1 whole pineapple sliced
- 15 oz mandarin oranges
- 2 Tbsp instant vanilla pudding
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
Ina large bowl combine fruit. Mix in pudding mix, vanilla and almond extract.
Refrigerate at least two hours or overnight. The juices from the fruit will combine with the pudding mix to create a glaze.
- You can skip the vanilla pudding mix and extracts if you prefer to have a simple fruit salad that's just tossed together. It will not have a glaze on it if you leave that off.
- The almond extract can be skipped, just replace it with more vanilla extract if you don't like almond or someone has an allergy.
- This is great served with yogurt. A fun option is to make breakfast parfaits with it.
- If you use bananas or apples toss them with a splash of lemon juice before mixing them in the salad to prevent browning.
- Use fruit with contrasting colors for the best presentation.
- Chop fruit roughly the same size. It's easier to eat this way and prettier in the bowl.
- Mix it up by adding fresh herbs. For example you could use basil, lemongrass, lavender or mint for a new twist.
- The kids love it when you add a few mini marshmallows in this.
- Make sure you make it at least a few hours ahead of time because the juices from the fruit mix with the vanilla pudding mix and create a delicious glaze on the fruit.
- I would not recommend using frozen fruit in this recipe. Once the frozen fruit is thawed it is mushy and watery.
- Pop leftovers in in the refrigerator and enjoy it the next day or pile it on top of some vanilla yogurt and add a little granola to it for breakfast!
- You'll want to store any leftovers in a air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days depending on how ripe your fruit was when you made it!
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 249mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 54.1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 0.5mg